Country
    United Kingdom

White Spot

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all

After successfully ridding my fish of white shot using heat method, I put the temperature down to normal. I have lost 2 fish today (platties), could this be a sign of stress after white spot? Could it be change of water temperature? We have done all water tests and they have all come out fine.

Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Noticed that your flag is UK, are you there? Its winter there now... thus can imagine that thermometer set temperature and ambient temperature would varies quite a bit for the sudden change. (if ambient temperature is your 'normal' temperature)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    For me, it is like your case also. After whit spot had gone away, my platie did not last long. May be they are very weak after infecting the white spot. I think you can only prevent not to spread to other fishes.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You should have turn the heater back to the originial temperature immediately.

You should lower down the temperature by 1 degree and monitor for 2-3 days. if the fishes is fine than lower again by 1 degree. follow this process until you are back on your normal temperature.

After lower down the temperature, iIf you notice the fishes have problem, rise back to the previous degree.

If the problem keep coming back, you have no choice but to seprate the problem fishes into a holding tank, and use medicine to treat them. This will prevent other healthy fish contracting white spots.

Hope thst this help.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Drastic changes in environment is the fastest way to kill any fishes. PH, temp, etc.,. shud not be altered to more than 1 ppm or Deg C per day.