Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

1 Nov 08 @ Fish Haven: Wild Discus

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    There are a few tanks of wild green discus and heckel discus at Fish Haven. From conditions seen, think they have just arrived. The conditions of the Heckels look better than the greens. If choosing, do pick carefully and QT well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    they arrived fri night from qian hu and arrived at fish haven on sat morning i was down today and got 5 heckels what did you get quix?

Just to add on what i saw:

1. I agree the green discus don't look too good...most of the heckels are also still looking a littlestressed...i suggest giving them a few days to a week to settle down before getting...

2. there are 36 small heckels and 36 medium heckels this shipment. as of saturday evening dave said only about 10 pieces were sold, i bought 5 today, so there's still quite a number left to choose from

3. the heckels were nice and fat, however, please ensure you have adequate medication to treat external and internal parasites. I saw quite a number of the discus having external parasites on the fins/tails/body. I was told these fish came individually packed instead of many to a bag, which possibly explains why they still do look relatively good despite their being stressed.

4. price is reasonable for the size and quality

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    Hi illumnae, I'd love to see pictures of the heckles you bought. Not that I have any space for them right now but, I used to keep them a long, long time ago. Even had 1 pair that mated and laid eggs! Offcourse without any intention from me LOL! Unfortunately, they chose to lay their eggs on my filter-intake. . Never had a chance to see wrigglers. I don't think my ph was right back then in anycase. :P Z.
    Last edited by ZANE; 3rd Nov 2008 at 00:53. Reason: smileys

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey illumnae, I didn't get any. I am not that keen on heckels for now and the green discus don't look good. So I would rather wait and see if there are other shipments.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ZANE View Post
    Hi illumnae, I'd love to see pictures of the heckles you bought. Not that I have any space for them right now but, I used to keep them a long, long time ago. Even had 1 pair that mated and laid eggs! Offcourse without any intention from me LOL! Unfortunately, they chose to lay their eggs on my filter-intake. . Never had a chance to see wrigglers. I don't think my ph was right back then in anycase. :P Z.
    I'll try and post pictures when I have the time Congrats on the spawn...according to Heiko, only a handful of people have managed to successfully spawn heckels...guess you're one of the elite few!

Quote Originally Posted by quix View Post
    Hey illumnae, I didn't get any. I am not that keen on heckels for now and the green discus don't look good. So I would rather wait and see if there are other shipments.
    I've heard from various sources that wild discus season has just started. This is just the first shipment that came in. C328 told me that more than 1 of their suppliers has placed orders for wild discus, so don't sorry...they will all come soon!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    they arrived fri night from qian hu and arrived at fish haven on sat morning i was down today and got 5 heckels what did you get quix?

Just to add on what i saw:

1. I agree the green discus don't look too good...most of the heckels are also still looking a littlestressed...i suggest giving them a few days to a week to settle down before getting...

4. price is reasonable for the size and quality
    hi illumnae - nice catch,always wanted to keep wild discus but thought it was too difficult to be kept. Any pictures to share?

can you PM me on how much did you bought them as a gauge, thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    YiXiang,
    You bought! Would love to see some pictures of them.
    Richard
    Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
    http://www.trident.smugmug.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Oohh ... so tempting!!
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by trident View Post
    YiXiang,
    You bought! Would love to see some pictures of them.
    Come my house and see when you're free Richard...you know me and cameras don't get along!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    Come my house and see when you're free Richard...you know me and cameras don't get along!
    hi bro illumnae

paiseh i know i thick skin, can i visit your place & take a look too

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    YiXiang,
    Deal, once they are ready, let me know

Luenny,
    It's very tempting for me too, now thinking of converting a tank for wilds.
    Just drift wood, like your's and quix's
    Richard
    Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
    http://www.trident.smugmug.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    bro,
    hoping to see your pictures soon.
    Good buy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I went to buy 1 more today...currently acclimitizing them.

The green discus has settled in well and are now good to buy. The heckels are in even better condition as compared to last week...not many of the small ones left so hurry!