Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My first 4ft tank pics

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just got my new 4ft tank and had setup this tank.
    Had consolidate most of my existing plants from all my small tanks and lump them all in.

I find it still very messy but do comment on them.
    With comments, I will be able to learn to improve it!

Here are some details of my tank.
    Fish : Normal Guppies, Double-Sword Guppies, Cardinal Tetras, Harlequins, Pygmy Corydoras, Haboras Corydoras, Bronze Corydoras, Panda Corydoras, other unidentified Cories, Kuhli Loaches, Clown Loaches, Malayan Shrimps, Ghost Shrimps, Red Cherry Shrimps, Yellow lemon algae eater, Otocinus Affinis, Pearl Gouramis

Plants : 4 colour lotus, Riccia fluitans, E. Tennelus, Glossostigma , Cryptos, Java Moss, Willow Moss, Anubias nana, Microsorium pteropus 'Windelov', Hygrophila difformis, Echinodorus x. 'Ozelot',Aponogeton ulvaceus,Bacopa monnieri II, Crinum calamistratum,Crinum thaianum,Didiplis diandra and some other unidentified plants.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice tank and lights.

Yes -- need some time for the plants to grow to see the outcome. But on the right side, the Parrot Feather plant grows fast. Actually can put at the background unless you do frequent trimming.
    You trying to use Cork Screw as the background? Not sure if it can grow tall. Mine didn't.

BTW - how much lighting do you have?

Keep it up!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice setup Ninjafly, Wat is that green mossie thingy on ur driftwood at the 5th pix.?[]
    Don't bother if its Black cats or White cats, so long as it can catch Rats. Its a Good Cat.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Seems to be a lack of focal point? Singaporean style..rojak huh? kekekeke...mine was like that also..but rescape recently and did better...
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Nice setup Ninjafly, Wat is that green mossie thingy on ur driftwood at the 5th pix.?
    ----------------
    algae....

btw, am I wrong in saying that thats a flying fox in the same pic? Or is it the light making the SAE look like a flying fox.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    why growing algae when everyone is trying to avoid it?

won't it spread around the whole tank and in e end got a algae tank instead of a planted?

something to learn today ya...

Don't bother if its Black cats or White cats, so long as it can catch Rats. Its a Good Cat.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Nice setup Ninjafly, Wat is that green mossie thingy on ur driftwood at the 5th pix.?[]
    ----------------
    Heehee ... guess what? It was one of those that people always don't want! It's green algae (Chlorella vyulgaris). But they didn't last. Somehow, the algae dun grow but dies off within a week.

But actually, I find it quite a nice plant as a foreground plant.

Feedback Score
    Very nice initial pics, NinjaFly.

What brand is the tank? Where did you get it and how much? PM me about it if possible, I've a mind
    about getting a nice clear 4ft tank as well.

There is a blue tinge at the top of the water near the back. Is there a blue backing or is it a
    trick of the light?

Its evident that the driftwood/moss(riccia?) has not started to grow yet but what is the steel
    mesh at the front supposed to grow, moss or riccia? Since its raised above the gravel surface,
    won't the fish cut/trap themselves by accident if they swim underneath it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Yes -- need some time for the plants to grow to see the outcome. But on the right side, the Parrot Feather plant grows fast. Actually can put at the background unless you do frequent trimming.
    You trying to use Cork Screw as the background? Not sure if it can grow tall. Mine didn't.

BTW - how much lighting do you have?
    ----------------
    Hi Juggler, finally I know the name of that plant! Parrot Feather!
    I will shift it to background once I have time and when they transform to the submersed form. I got it from Teo as the emersed form.

As for the lights, I am using 4x30w FL tube.

Allen,
    That is the flying fox. Actually, the difference between flying fox and SAE will be very obvious once they grew to adult size.[:]

TTL,
    Those algae seems to be very nice to use as a foreground plant. But it seems like it doesn't grow. Anyway, what people fear most are those BBA.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wyrmbait,

I don't know what brand of the tank it is but it is a rounded corner tank. You can see a sample at C328. They put two 4ft tank in front of the shop and the tank that I have is the one on the left.

As for that blue thingy, it is actually the lights that is cast on my background blue backing.

I am trying to grow Riccia (for fun) out of the steel mesh and I raised them up (also for fun) to act as some shelter for my Cories and Kuhli Loaches. They love to hide underneath! Somehow, they know how to protect themselves from getting cut! [:]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nice tank setup, Ninjafly.
    I thought you are giving up the hobby when u sell your items. Why not post your pics in [My Tank]?

By the way, what are you growing on the 2 white meshes?
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    nice tank setup, Ninjafly.
    I thought you are giving up the hobby when u sell your items. Why not post your pics in [My Tank]?
    ----------------
    Lorba,

Me have to sell off my old items in order to make way for my new tank mah...

Hobby still going strong!

Now I only left the 2ft cabinet and 2ft tank to let go. No one seems to be interested leh. You know, the prices can still be negotiable...

Heehee, me trying to grow some Riccia out of that steel mesh. For fun mah...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    120W for 4ft. May not be enough for your Riccia to bubble unless you put them near the surface closer to the light source.
    Is the tank a 4'x2'x2'?
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    [quote]
    ----------------
    On 1/8/2003 8:46:59 PM

----------------
    Allen,
    That is the flying fox. Actually, the difference between flying fox and SAE will be very obvious once they grew to adult size.[:]
    ----------------
    I thought it is a false SAE. Flying fox have black tips on their fins... or did it missed it in the picture.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice tank and light.

You may need to consider space for your foreground plants if you wish to may your tank looks more spacy.

Keep it up.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I thought the flying fox was a false SAE... or are there more imposters about? As fo rth black strip on the top fin... it does seem to be missing, which is why I wasn't sure.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Initially I thought they were the same until I read this.

SAE = Crossocheilus siamensis
    false SAE = Garra taeniata
    Flying fox = Epalzeorhynchus kalopterus

... I think

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ninjafly's tank looks like a 'Ocean Free' from the first pic. notice that 'badge' on the bottom right.

size should be 120cm x 45cm x 50cm.

cheers!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    ninjafly's tank looks like a 'Ocean Free' from the first pic. notice that 'badge' on the bottom right.

size should be 120cm x 45cm x 50cm.
    ----------------
    Boy! CoryFav, your eyes are really sharp! You can even spot that!

But the Ocean Free tag belongs to the cabinet. The tank is the same one as C328 is selling. (The 4ft on the left, open-concept one)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/9/2003 2:39:46 PM

Initially I thought they were the same until I read this.

SAE = Crossocheilus siamensis
    false SAE = Garra taeniata
    Flying fox = Epalzeorhynchus kalopterus

... I think

BC
    ----------------
    Cool I just learnt something new today!!! dun u just love being wrong

BC, you are right judging from the info it looks more like a false SAE than a flying fox... theres just no end to these imposters is there... Worth noting though that the false sae and flying fox both come from the same genus "Epalzeorhynchus"... This is probably why the dennerle book I have tells us to look for 2 signs in choosing an SAE... black stipe in the tail... no stripe on the top fins...
    Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast