Advertise here
    Link to 4ft pix
    I'm still waiting for some plants to grow on the left

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmmm... I find the gap in the back very stiff and distracting. Perhaps you could slope the two background plants upwards to the sides.

The foreground looks too symetrical with the wood and the gap between the blyxa bringing undue focus to the center of it.

In general, it lacks focus. The two gaps, the wood and the solitary mass of orange are all competing for attention.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Very nice in its simplicity. However, it may better, I feel, if you do without the cluster of stem plant that's second from the left or you make the cluster bigger.

Cheers,
    Roy

Feedback Score
    Btw, I hope you patch up the gaps on the rock wall. Remember the apisto?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    simon,

what is the dimension of the tank?
    nice setup..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I too find it symmetrical.. so I intend to remove 3/4 of the blyxa and replace it with other plants...

the gaps on the left will be covered, still waiting for the gratiola sp. L. arcuata and stargrass to grow.. hopefully the stargrass with creep to the front from the left corner

leaner, its 4x1.5x1.5.. i wish it was bigger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Me find it symmetrial too. Remove the wood totally or add more to it. Maybe you want to replace one side of the bylxa with more wood and attrached some plants on it.

I find that there is a big gap between the midground plant (bylxa) and the background plants. Example on the left side on the tank, there is a sudden jump in the plant height from the bylxa to rotala macrandra 'green'. You may want to add another plant in between them or 'layer' your rotala macrandra 'green' for a sloping effect.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Seems like you did several rearrangements. But I like the wild look in "Before 14-Dec-2002" and the clean look in "front view (09012003)".
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I constantly rescape for the fun of it... yes, I intend to remove most of the blyxa, they r growing like weeds... I oso intend to add more bogwood.. will see how things goes

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    agreed that blyxa grows like weeds. I bought 1 pot and it didnt grow at all before co2 and strong light are added. Bur ever since i upgraded these, I gave away 10++ (pot quantities) and threw as many and still end up with one big mass, all in a matter of ard 2 mths... just threw all away yesterday night.. []
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Hi Simon,

Very nice foreground, APP rite?

I feel that on the right side, the blyxa and Ludwigia Sp contrasts too much colour wise (blyxa too green vs the red), perhaps this is made more apparent by the very symetrical height of the blyxa. You might want to consider changing part of the blyxa there to something with just slightly more yellow hue, to break the red to green lines. Also, perhaps replacing some of the Ludwigia Sp. with something else.

What's your fert dosing routine like, the plants look very healthy and lush....

eggz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    The clump of Ludwigia sp is nice but not very tidy and the H.polysperma at the right seems a bit messy, you may want to consider to replace it with blyxa aubertii etc.IMO,the Tonina sp would be an good addition for your tank to overcome the "sudden jump" beside the R.macrandra "green" as mentioned by Jacian as i find the the texture of Tonina sp is blending well with Ludwigia sp.

Just my two cents worth.
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    eugene, the foreground is glosso not APP, what i find distracting is actually on the left side..

alfa, the rotala macrandra become like this when I get too lazy perharps tmr I shall get some tonina if teo has some... the polysperma has been trimmed down because it was too wild looking.. oso planted them further into the right corner (previously, was at the front)

my fertilization regime is TMG, K2SO4, KNO3, E15/Ferrotab, gold 7...

i shall go in search of new plants to break the height differences.. looks at cryptos..B. aubertii will be too tall for my tank

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice setup..! Great job!!
    Regards
    William