Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which Filter you prefer most?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

160 41.67%
  • Ecco

49 12.76%
  • Pro

35 9.11%
  • Pro2

79 20.57%
  • Pro3

61 15.89%
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Eheim Canister Filter Comparison

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I'm amazed that Eheim ProII 2028 only takes 9w to run. I'm glad I picked this filter to use for my 422

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    I'm amazed that Eheim ProII 2028 only takes 9w to run. I'm glad I picked this filter to use for my 422
    9W? though is 20W? Did i see wrongly?
    Corydoras & Pleco Community Biotope Tank Planted Tank Journal
    Keeping fish as pets can be a rewarding hobby.
    Designing and maintaining your aquariums is a wonderful creative outlet.
    Watching your fish swim around is both relaxing and fun.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleace View Post
    20w is correct. heh.
    http://www.eheimasiapacific.com/prod...lter_pro2.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    See posts 33 and 34 above in this thread. It apparently runs lower than the rated 20w

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, you did not see wrongly. It is 9Watts for ProII 2028 during normal operation. Actually, I just did another measurement to confirm it again. This time, it reads 10 watts. The first measurement was done a few months ago. Maybe, 9Watts reading is after I had cleaned up the filter. Anyway, it should be closed to 9W. Cheers.

There is something which I would like to highlight. Sometime, we could not totally trust what is stated on the box. My brother purchase an Italy's brand power pump for his pond. It stated 100watts on the box but when did a measurement, it was actually 200 watts.

Once, I even doubted that the tools which I used to measure the wattage may not be very accurate. Thus, I did multiple tests on other items to confirm it and the final result is that the tools is very accurate indeed. Thus, I trusted it.

Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    does you measurement equipment able to tell you the power factor?

Average "real" power (W) = Apparent power (VA) * Power Factor
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, it comes with Power Factor...

I did some readings again. It intermittently showing 9w or 10w with the following power factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    does you measurement equipment able to tell you the power factor?

Average "real" power (W) = Apparent power (VA) * Power Factor
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    wow... really that accurate? Where you got this tester? What is the brand?
    Corydoras & Pleco Community Biotope Tank Planted Tank Journal
    Keeping fish as pets can be a rewarding hobby.
    Designing and maintaining your aquariums is a wonderful creative outlet.
    Watching your fish swim around is both relaxing and fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

To share my experience with eheim for my 6x2x2 tank, I am using 2260 and subsequently changed the pump to 1262, so I guess it can be called 2262 now.

I like this model so much , because of :

a) made of sturdy plastic (slightly elastic like those big rubbermaid dustbin). Unlike any other eheim canister series plastic material which are much harder and easily crack if drop. Try dropping the cover from few feet above ground if you dare.

b) simple design. Water flows in below and pump out from the top. Basically it has water-in connector (below) for 22mm hose. One dedicated water discharge valve below . The top basically is a cover mounted with an eheim pump. There are few inter-changeable pumps which can be fitted nicely on this cover (1250,1260,1262). It can grow with your requirement (increase flow rate by replacing more powerful pump) , unlike other model.

c) Big volume to house a huge load of media. I can load > 10kg of biohome, 2 layers of bioballs, 3 layers of sponge, a bag of coral chips, and 7-9 pieces of biohouse (dog poo shape).

d) No priming problem. As my cabinet fitted with PVC pipes and ball valves, there will always be some quantity of water remained in the pipes. Once unlock the ball valves and restart my canister , water will always flow.

e) Easier cleaning for media/sponge. Due to the design, I can wash all my media inside the canister. Simply put a tub and place all media into the tub. By controlling the ball valves to control water flow in and rise up, wash the media one by one and discharge dirty water from below (discharge valve). Repeat the same steps for all media. For weekly water change, I can easily wash the 1st layer of sponge without opening up the canister. Water will gush into the canister and discharge out from below, at same time washing out same of the debris from the 1st layer sponge (below) .

f) can be used for outdoor. As the pump is the universal eheim pump which can be used for dry (emerse) or wet (submerse), the whole canister can practically submerse inside water, unlike other model.

Just my 2 cents view of my experience .

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
    I am using 2 2028 pro II for my father-in-law's 5 feet tank. So far so good. In fact, one of the 2028 is about 7 years old and it is working as well as the other brand new one.

The thing I like best about the pro II over the classic range is the increased media capacity and the media baskets which makes for easy filter cleaning. The best thing going for the classic range is 2211, which is perfect for nano tanks.
    I second that.

I'm using 2028 and a 'test' Ecco Pro 2036 for my 5ft. It's doing well.
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    Hi,

To share my experience with eheim for my 6x2x2 tank, I am using 2260 and subsequently changed the pump to 1262, so I guess it can be called 2262 now.

a) made of sturdy plastic (slightly elastic like those big rubbermaid dustbin). Unlike any other eheim canister series plastic material which are much harder and easily crack if drop. Try dropping the cover from few feet above ground if you dare.

b) simple design. Water flows in below and pump out from the top. Basically it has water-in connector (below) for 22mm hose. One dedicated water discharge valve below . The top basically is a cover mounted with an eheim pump. There are few inter-changeable pumps which can be fitted nicely on this cover (1250,1260,1262). It can grow with your requirement (increase flow rate by replacing more powerful pump) , unlike other model.

c) Big volume to house a huge load of media. I can load > 10kg of biohome, 2 layers of bioballs, 3 layers of sponge, a bag of coral chips, and 7-9 pieces of biohouse (dog poo shape).

d) No priming problem. As my cabinet fitted with PVC pipes and ball valves, there will always be some quantity of water remained in the pipes. Once unlock the ball valves and restart my canister , water will always flow.

e) Easier cleaning for media/sponge. Due to the design, I can wash all my media inside the canister. Simply put a tub and place all media into the tub. By controlling the ball valves to control water flow in and rise up, wash the media one by one and discharge dirty water from below (discharge valve). Repeat the same steps for all media. For weekly water change, I can easily wash the 1st layer of sponge without opening up the canister. Water will gush into the canister and discharge out from below, at same time washing out same of the debris from the 1st layer sponge (below) .

f) can be used for outdoor. As the pump is the universal eheim pump which can be used for dry (emerse) or wet (submerse), the whole canister can practically submerse inside water, unlike other model.

IMO your review of the 2260 is worth more than 2 cents. Thanks to you i now have a better undrstanding of this filter. I like the 221x series but my only problem with this series is it can't hold as much bio-media as compared to the 202x series.

My vote would have to be the 2228/2226 series cos it's not as complicated as the 202x series which means less replacement for parts and can also hold the same amount of bio-media. Pity they no longer have this series any more.
    Admiring my Fishes calm the Beast within me

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I like this feature
    Quote Originally Posted by neon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Neon

Not sure whether there is 2262 now... is there something like that for smaller tanks? is the the classic series? how do you change the white sponge without opening the cannister?

Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    Hi,

I am into Plecos now...
    L46, L173, L134 & L236
    ~~Jeffrey~~

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I got it from eBay as it was not so easily available locally. Not sure the brand as it is not stated. But, for now, Sim Lim Tower should have something similar but it is not cheap. I find it cheaper to get from ebay.

Do a search on the bay using "Energy Monitor Plug".

wow... really that accurate? Where you got this tester? What is the brand?
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi8888 View Post
    Hi Neon

Not sure whether there is 2262 now... is there something like that for smaller tanks? is the the classic series? how do you change the white sponge without opening the cannister?
    2262 is simply a canister with 1262 pump (3400L/h flowrate). I didn't say changing the white sponge without opening the canister, what I wrote was washing the sponge surface debris as the 1st layer is the sponge and it is located below. Ensure the top water-out ball-valve is shut and the canister discharge ball-valve open, allowing the water-in to gush into the canister with strong water pressure from the 6x2x2 tank on top, the strong flowrate will be created with "washing" effect.

As my cabinet tank is huge 6x2x2, I purposely designed and placed at the living room and facing the wall of the kitchen toilet. 2 holes were drilled through (2 PVC pipes) this wall and allow water in and out from/to the toilet. Also, the cabinet fitted with PVC pipes designed by me to allow normal filteration in/out the tank to the canister, as well as water discharge/refill to/from toilet , all control with ball valves which I can comfortably do all the cleaning/discharge/refill routines in one single place - the cabinet.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I do not own a Eheim but my next one is going to be one. I defintely like the classic design,as far as water flow is concern, i am just surprised that most cannisters are not made this way, this is probably the only way to ensure no bypass of the media.

I do not know who copy who, but for all ADA fans, if Mr Amano made his filters' water flow the same way as Eheim, it could not be too wrong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I do not own ADA filter (can't affort it ) but from the drowing is look like that. water in from the bottom coming out from the top.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha, my dream has always been to own an ADA filter.. but they are just too expensive!

Their smallest model, ES-600 cost S$785 while their largest model, ES-2400EX2 cost S$2872.60. And these are local Japanese prices, factor in the shipping and it will be more expensive.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I almost bought one. It's rated 100-200V so I think you need a transformer for 230-240V.

Oops, please get back topic or we'll end up dreaming some more and frustrated. LOL.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I do not own ADA filter (can't affort it ) but from the drowing is look like that. water in from the bottom coming out from the top.

Even the lily pipe and eheim's putlet pipe for Ecco series share the same idea.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast