Country
    Singapore

Aquarium Munster

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, folks,

There's a brand of fish medication which was sold in almost every fish shop in the old days. It's called Aquarium Munster. But for some reason or other, this medication is no longer available now. I bought many bottles of this medication through the internet sometime back and a few weeks ago, I sold off the last bottle to Sia Meng.

I intend to buy again but I have to buy about 20 bottles everytime I order. They won't ship unless the amount is at least US$75. Aquarium Munster is a German brand but the company that markets it is somewhere in Norway. Take a look:

http://www.shopsolution.nl/shop/home...eint&deptid=MC

They have 3 types of medication, one for anti-Ich, one for anti-velvet and the last one for anti-fungus. Their medication is very effective and can be used in a planted tank. It won't harm aquatic plants and shrimp.

Please let me know if you are interested. My cost for each bottle is about Sing $8.50. I sell them for Sing $10 a bottle. You know I hate to give change

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kwek Leong

what's your recommendation? should get all three or only a particular type?
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by zmzfam
    what's your recommendation? should get all three or only a particular type?
    Hmm, I would recommend that you get the anti-Ich and the anti-velvet. The anti-fungus wouldn't be of much use unless you want to try using it to stop eggs from fungusing.

I can testify that the anti-Ich, known as Furamor, is very effective. I have cured fish which were in the advanced stages of white spot with this medication. The anti-velvet is useful too, particularly if you are keeping Nothos. For some strange reason, Nothos are highly susceptible to velvet disease.

But please don't get the wrong impression that I'm trying to make money selling the medication to you all. I will be ordering about 20 bottles from the website, whether or not any of you wants to buy from me. But I would like to have an idea on the ratio of anti-Ich to anti-velvet bottles that I should order. The last time, I thought I bought too many bottles of anti-velvet but I'm all out of this medication now. In fact, I'm in urgent need of a bottle. If any of you is willing to sell your bottle back to me, I would appreciate it very much.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Hi Loh,

you can have my bottle and return to me when you supply arrive.

Regards
    Siameng

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm how long can the bottle be kept?
    interested but not sure if i can finish the bottle before the expiry date (if any).....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    As with most medications, there's an expiry date. The last time I bought about 20 bottles, some of them were close to their expiry dates. Others had expiry dates which were a few years later.

I was at Changi Point the other day and saw the medication sold in a fish shop over there. The shop is called Harry's Aquarium or something. The price tag of each bottle there is $15.

In the old days, this brand of medication was available in almost every fish shop. But for many years, this brand was no longer available. A fish shop owner said this is because the medication was not popular as it is expensive. But I believe that's not the real reason. The reason why they don't sell this brand anymore is because the main importer/exporter of aquarium-related products is no longer importing this brand. The importer does not want to market this brand anymore as it is more interested in marketing their own in-house brands of medication. I won't name the importer but I'm sure you know "hu" I'm referring to.

Anyway, for a long time, I couldn't find this medication and I couldn't find it on the internet also because I couldn't remember the brand name. Until one day about a few months ago, I was walking around Serangoon North, I saw a bottle of Furamor in one of the fish shops over there. The bottle was obviously very old stock as the box looked very old. When I opened it, the expiry date was Dec 98. Although the medication has already passed its expiry date by a few years, I still bought the medication. I was desperate but most of all, I finally found the brand name. When I dose the medication into a tank infected with white spot disease, the medication still worked. So I would suppose expiry dates don't mean much. They are there probably because the law requires that every bottle of medication carries an expiry date.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys,

Saw the drugs in C328 yesterday(at the shelf near counter, left corner). Forgot to ask for the price but the expiry date is 2004.

Gan.

Feedback Score
    Can someone kindly tell me what is C328?? (Pardon me for my ignorance!)
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lily
    Can someone kindly tell me what is C328??
    C328 refers to the very well-known fish shop in Clementi Ave 2 Block 328. You've been there before, remember?

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    BTW Mr Loh, do you still have many bottles of them? I should have encourage anyone who is interested in the drugs to get from you or you will be left with a lot of expired drugs at later stage. Can imagine the trouble of ordering them & got wasted away if not use.

Gan.[/b]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Heh, heh, maybe I should recruit you to be one of my salesman

But seriously, thanks for your concern, Gan. You don't have to worry about my old stocks of Aquariuim Munster medication. I've sold almost all my stock, mostly to the forum users here. I've decided not to order any more because there are a few fish shops selling this brand of medication now. I saw Biotope selling it too and the prices were so low there, it's cheaper to buy from them than to order through the net. But Biotope only has the type that comes in satchels which cannot be used in tanks with volumes lower than 200 litres. The ones you all bought comes in bottles and dosage is by drops per litres of water. That is important because most of all keep our fish in small tanks.

Loh K L