Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

100 Rachovii fry.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Wha!! I got around 100 fry. How am I going take care of so many fry.

Because of my lazyness, I wetted 2 batches at the same time. A few weeks ago, I got 28 fry but more than half have got to heaven. I wonder how many will survive this time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 100 Rachovii fry.

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    Wha!! I got around 100 fry. How am I going take care of so many fry.
    I'm surprised. I would imagine, with that kind of hatch, you would be jumping with joy.

I remember more a year ago, when I gave Ronnie a bag of Nothobranchius guentheri eggs and he got more than 90 fry and he was so delighted he just couldn't believe there could be so many fry.

When I first started doing this, I went through several heartaches of seeing nothing from the bags of peat I got from friends in other countries. When a bag of peat from Shireen Gonzaga finally yielded about 50 fry, my whole family celebrated. My family was starting to lose faith that eggs sent across thousands of miles could possibly hatch into fish so when the fish finally appear, everyone was so happy.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kc,

Care to share with us how you keep them? Do you seperate them into a few trays say 20 fry each? Put in lots of moss & remember to add salt. The rule of not disturb them too much apply all times. What do you feed them? I feed mine bbs & when over fed, I suck out the dead bbs with air tube. Do have some snails as they will help clean up the left over food. Over feeding tend to kill faster than under feeding. Hope that helps.

Gan.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    When I first got 2 fry per batch, I was also quite disappointed but now that I got hundred, I'm floored! How am I going to do take care of them

I'm using technique taught by grandmaster, KL. However, I see you points. You are right, I need to remember the 'do not put all your eggs in one basket' theory. Also, one tray may not support a large number of fry.

I noticed that with bbs, they will get until their stomach bulge like goldfish.