Country
    Singapore

Breeding N.Rachovii

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys,

I am now trying to breed the A/M and have put them 1 male and abt 6 females in a tank, unfortunately only left with the male and 1 female. the rest of the femle died. dunno whats the cause. the pair has been in the tank for over a week and just a few days ago I manage to see her dive into the peat, i guess to lay eggs... so how long more should I let them stay there? I dun intend to keep the eggs juz wnat the eggs to hatch ASAP. should I leave the parents in there together also?
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    The eggs of N. rachovii must go through a dry incubation period. This means you have to remove the peat and dry it. Then bag it. The incubation at here is about 6 weeks and this again will be affected by the wetness of the peat. So plus and minus should be about 8 weeks.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Rashid,

I think you can take out the peat after 1 week inside the breeding tank. The peat has to be dried - Refer Here - and then incubate for about 6-8 weeks - Incubating Nothos eggs, as mentioned by Au.

Annuals eggs has to go through an incubation period as that is what happens in nature. Only semi-annuals and non-annuals you can water incubate the eggs and the eggs will hatch within 1 to 2 weeks time.

If you want to leave the eggs with the parents, you can try the Fundulopanchax species, quite colourful, though not quite as colourful as the rachovii. Sometimes you can find frys inside the breeding tank also.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanx

Ok thanx bro Au and Zul... will check the peat this weekend for eggs.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer