Country
    Singapore

Debra's Killie

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, folks,

Deb Bear sent me a picture of her Fp mirabilis traudae * Tinto*. The fish, according to her are 6 months old. I had the eggs of this fish once but they failed to hatch. It looks like I really miss something special

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Debra's Killie

Deb, nice to see you finally taking pics! :wink:
    While you're at it, could you take a bigger shot of the Fp mirabilis traudae 'Tinto'? I'd like to see their color patterns better.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Debra's Killie

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    While you're at it, could you take a bigger shot of the Fp mirabilis traudae 'Tinto'?
    Deb sent 2 more pics of her killies. I'm not sure of the names so Deb will have to tell us what fish are these:

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    I guess my first replay got lost, anyway...

It looks like Aphyosemion striatum at one of the pictures.
    I had A. striatum LEC 93/29 once and they are pretty lovely fish and at my top rows at my very long wich list. If I only had more time, empty tanks, money......

Pär Jansson

Feedback Score
    Ron,
    It looks like the second picture is smaller than the first . On my computer before they are emailed they are much clearer and larger. So now what do I do?
    The second picture is of the Fp mirabilis traudae *Tinto*
    The first is a Aphy. striatium 93/29
    Wow, you never know how dirty your tanks are until you go to take pictures
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbbear
    Ron,
    It looks like the second picture is smaller than the first . On my computer before they are emailed they are much clearer and larger. So now what do I do?
    I believe your pics were edited by Kwek Leong before he uploaded them to his site, since all pics take up valuable space on the server.

Debra, you might wanna consider using a graphic editing program like ACDSee to crop and resize your pics before uploading them to online albums or free web-hosting servers. Personally, I use Ofoto and Angelfire, where most of my own learning pages are hosted. The latter giving 20Mb of server space... nice, albeit for those irritating pop-up banners.

The second picture is of the Fp mirabilis traudae *Tinto*
    The first is a Aphy. striatium 93/29
    Very nice... fishes look gorgious! <drool> Considering you've just started toying with the digi cam, I'd say those are decent shots. Heh, I should know how many I've deleted, just to get one nice pic of those "can't-keep-still" fishes.

Wow, you never know how dirty your tanks are until you go to take pictures
    Dirt? I have detritus and mulm in some of my tanks and this stuff is good for infusoria cultivation (sure.... ). IMHO, a tank bottom covered with mulm is less irritating than a front glass with lotsa fingerprints!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Here are some pic of my A. striatum, same strain as Debbbears. I really do recomend these. I thought these were one of the more common species in the hobby.

Plain colors:

Better colors but unsharp picture:

As a matter of fact they do better infront of your own eyes (as most killis) in a darker tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbbear
    On my computer before they are emailed they are much clearer and larger. So now what do I do?
    Well, I'm afraid I have to own up and confess that what Ronnie said is correct. I edited your pictures, Deb. I re-sized them and made them smaller. I hope you can understand why I have to do that. It's because every picture I upload takes up space on my server and I was just informed that I've been taking up a lot of space recently.

With some pictures, I uploaded large images because they were pictures of small objects, like fry or eggs. In some instances, if the picture is of a planted tank, I try and upload a large picture too because it would give everyone a better perspective.

I don't know if you are aware of this but I pay for everything connected to this web site/forum from my own pocket. And I have to confess that there are times I think of all the bytes and Megabytes that I'm using when I upload pictures. So on certain days, when I'm feeling the pinch badly, I tend to downsize pictures by big margins.

I think you caught me on a bad day when you sent the pics, Deb

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb

I think you caught me on a bad day when you sent the pics, Deb

Loh K L
    No, apologies needed,I understand now what happened,I thought that maybe it was when I downloaded them to send to you.I do know what bad days are! And sometimes, here on the farm they come to close togather.
    If you ever need help with a site bill "please" ask for help!!It is only fair,I like it here very much, enjoy the pictures, and the friends that I have made here!
    Thank you so much for want you have done and are doing!!No need to feel bad on what needs to be done at times
    And now I must go see about a graphic editing program. Aol had one but they were so slow ,that I could shower and cook supper before they uploaded the page!
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175