Thread: More photos

Feedback Score

More photos

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all

I just put together a very simple web page to put my killifish photos on. I will do my best to keep it up to date with new species and I hope to write up some of my own experiences. My fish list will be on there as soon as possible.

Heres the link, http://www.angelfire.com/indie/blinky_tom/index.html
    Regards
    Tom

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Tom,

Seems like you have special interest on Aphy. and Nothos.

Are you keen to have some egg exchange program with fellow hobbyist here? Do let us know if you're keen.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Very nice photos Tom.
    Hope more of us can show our killies, good or bad photos all are interesting, even tank setups can give some new ideas.

Hope to see more of that :P

/Pär

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by froo
    Hope to see more of that :P
    We like to see some of yours too, Pär. If you have problems linking the pictures to this forum, send them to me through email.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    I have no problems with including photos in this forum, already done that.
    Here are some:

Former job, my 4 small aquariums in the bookshelf.

Aphyosemion striatum in one of the tanks:

Scandinavian Killifish Associations Killishow 2002:
    Some of the aquariums:

Some strain of Fp. gardneri:

Auction of all the fishes from the show:

Hope you like them.

/Pär

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Pär,

I like your pictures. I have a question for you. How are auctions carried out? Do they start with a reserve (minimum) price and are the prices raised at fixed increments? For instance, do you start with a reserve price of, say $10 and fix the increments at, say $3. Or is nothing fixed? How many times would the auctioneer make a call before the auction of any paritcular item is closed? In other words, does he say something like "$20 once", "$20 twice", "$20 3 times" and the fish goes to "so and so".

If the items auctioned were fish, are they sold in trios of one male to 2 females?

I've never been to an auction so I'm really not sure how it works.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Hope it's okay if I reply even though the questions weren't posed to me. The way an auction is run is completely up to the auctioneer and the sellers.

Say for fish #1, I will take nothing less than $5. The bid would start at $5 and if no one wanted it for that, I would take it back home with me unless I was willing to go lower. For fish #2, it doesn't matter how much the fish sells for, as long as it sells so the bid would start at the amount the auctioneer wants it to.

Bid increments...completely up to the auctioneer. If the bids are pretty high raise the increments. Say bids are rising $5 at a time, to complete the auction sooner, may want to raise the bids to $10 increments. If bidding slows down, lower the increments.

Normally, everyone uses the "going once, twice, sold for $20". That way, it gives everyone three chances to bid.

As far as the number of fish sold together, that is completely up to the seller. The fish auctions I've been to (normal aquarium fish, not killies), the fish are usually sold with one male and two females.

Good luck and hope this helps!
    Heather

Feedback Score
    In this auction at the SKS Killishow all posts are given to the Scandinavian Killifish Associations for the show and chanse to win prizes. Some people from all over europe and even USA and Japan send their fishes. That means that the fishes you send to the show you never get any money for and you probably never see them again.

In one post their will be a pair (or a trio) and i in the breedingclasses their will be three pairs or two trios. See the diffret classes and all posts here.

All posts starts at 20 danish crowns (=5.20SGD) and rising 2, 5 or 10 danish crowns (I dont remember in wich interval the increments are).
    Some you get for 20 and others you get for more .

And yes "1st, 2nd and SOLD to the happy man over there" so you have a chanse to bid more.

In other auctions (more common) some Aquarium clubs hold you bring your fishes, plants and other things you wanna sell and give a minimum price and 20% goes to the club and you get 80%.

I hope ypou understand what i ment - my english aint so good for explaining these kind of thing

The killishow are very nice meetings where you meet alot og nice people and see alot of very nice killies and some you even can bring home with a big smile
    So come to Copenhagen in Denmark next year!

/Pär

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by froo
    I hope ypou understand what i ment - my english aint so good for explaining these kind of thing
    I understand you perfectly, Pär so you don't have to worry about your English. Thanks for describing in such great detail how auctions work. Many thanks to Heather too for her feedback.

I'll be auctioning Tom's eggs during the gathering. Maybe I will start with a $10 base price and work on incremental bids fixed at $2 each. I prefer to fix the bids at lower prices so everyone will have a chance to participate in the auction. It should be a lot of fun.

Do I hear $20?

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Au, Aphyos and Nothos are definatly my main interest at the moment. I guess colour is one of the main attractions for me. Another reason for this could also be that the person that got me hooked on killies keeps mostly Aphyos and Nothos. He has 2 8'x6' sheds full of killies!! Its an amazing site I can tell you. Yes I'd be very happy to trade with fellow hobbyists. I'll try to get a fish list sorted, I very much like the look of Sia mengs so I may well attempt something similar if he doesn't mind.
    Regards
    Tom