Images
    Country
    Singapore

preparing peat moss

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    most of us here usually use Horti peat moss as our choice medium of spawning media in the breeding bowls/receptacles. i'm pretty new to spawning killies and my Simp. fulminantis which i recently obtained during the recent get-together are showing signs of spawning, with the male practically displaying to the female all the time. i'd appreciate any help on how to prepare peat moss for breeding purposes. perhaps this could be made into an article on the site cos it would be really informative for beginners.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    http://www.killies.com/Collecting1.htm perhaps this link will help u!

M.Cosmin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    For Simps. they're peat divers. So remember to fill the breeding bowl with ample of peat for them to dive in. A tall breeding jar is prefered as the Simps. tend to dig out alot of peat during sprawing.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    My first bag of prepared peat moss is given by Mr Loh's wife. At that time, I do not even know what peat moss is. I remember she taught me how I should prepare the peat moss. Hope I never remember anything wrongly.

What I did for the preparation of the peat moss is that I will soak them in water and cook the peat moss together with the water. I will leave it to cool down before I use some coffee filters to filter out the water. I will then pour out the moist peat moss from the filter bag onto some pieces of newspaper and press the peat moss against the newspaper to absorb out excess water. After that I will leave it to dry for a while before I collect them for usage.

Hope the information provided will be helpful to you.

Regards
    Regards
    Lu RongSheng (RS)