Thread: Local Killifish Sources

Feedback Score

Local Killifish Sources

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone,

Being a newbie, I was just wondering where the best sources of killifish are locally? Perhaps a list of local LFSs or hobbyists willing to sell the fish would be helpful to many members, especially those who have just entered the killifish scene recently like me.
    Yours sincerely,
    Chong Ren

(I am still desperately looking for pairs of different Aphyosemion species. If anybody has excess to sell, please email me. )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hello Chong Ren,

Here's a list of LFS that do sell killies (aquarium strains and hybrids too..). However, they don't sell those killies which most of us maintain (pure strains, pure species).

-C328, Choong Sua, Pet Safari, Fish and Fishes Aquarium, Clementi Polyart.

These shops/farms usually have killies available but don't bother about getting females as the suppliers usually don't sell females.

As for local hobbyists, these are the following few which I believe might have eggs and/or fish for sale or trade.

- Au, Sia Meng, Gan, Ronnie, Kwek Leong, Lily.

Overseas hobbyists that might have the fish u want are,

- Debbbear (i think she has Scriptaphyosemion cauveti Kinda)
    - blinkytom aka Tom (i think he's got some eggs for exchange purposes)

As to your question of where is the best source of killifish locally, IMHO, would be the forumers here. Local LFS stocks are at best hybridised or aquarium strains of the fish (meaning that they have been interbred between different populations of the same species). If you really want quality Aphyosemions then try ordering online. :wink:
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Jianyang and all,

I do have eggs for exchange but I'm afraid its turned very cold in England now. I don't think the eggs would survive the cold before they left the country. I should be able to send eggs again in late Febuary/early March. I will let everyone know what I have to send when the time comes.
    Regards
    Tom

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Local Killifish Sources

OK i do agree that the best source come from the forumer here.

A LFS at amk ave10 blk 443 mermaid world did have some killie fish which i seen it today. Just to let you know he just start to bring in afew(not much) But to me that few was rather nice.

i saw him place it at one corner.

Just to share.

Cheers. Teck SOng

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Chong Ren,
    If you are getting your killies from our local hobbyists like - Au, Sia Meng, Gan, Ronnie, Kwek Leong, Lily, don't have to bargain their prices are reasonable. Only in this forum you can find so many species with females killies.
    Eric Yeo

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Thank you all for your help. By the way, where is Fish and Fishes Aquarium? I was at Polyart Aquarium the other day, and the only killifish I saw there then was Jordanella floridae.
    Yours sincerely,
    Chong Ren

(I am still desperately looking for pairs of different Aphyosemion species. If anybody has excess to sell, please email me. )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Chong Ren, it's located at a farm at Lorong Halus. It used to be known as Aquaria Pacific I think. Can't remember the Lot number of the farm. It's close to this marine fish farm I think. They posted in AQ about selling killies recently. I think I posted the link in the Trading Post. Go check it out. :wink:
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.