Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Update on killies bought at meeting

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone, my Aphyosemion australe Chocolate pair bought from Sai Meng or Au at the meeting breed today, sad to say, I only found 4 clear eggs. I think the fishes had already eaten some as I did not check the mops everyday, nevertheless I am glad they finally breed. My 5 'N'sukka frys have finally grown to be sex apart, they are about 1.5 inches and I think I have 2 males, 2 females and 1 which I don't know. As for my N. rachovii, I am planning to check the peat next week.

Feedback Score
    Hi Kennedy,

Aphyosemion australe Chocolate pair bought from Sai Meng or Au at the meeting breed today, sad to say, I only found 4 clear eggs
    Let me share with you how I started with AUS. I bought a trio of orange from Loh, like you, the trio gave me only 5 viable eggs. While I was raising the fry (2 male, 3 female), the trio never give me any viable eggs at all.

3 months later (I fed at least 3 times a day when I first started), I started breeding the offspring, and in less than a year, I have breed a few hundreds of AUS. Few weeks before the gathering, I pulled out my mop collecting hundreds of eggs every week, and now I give up as I am running out of space. I stop picking eggs and let the fry surface up themselves, but they usually don’t as they turn food for the adult fish.

I am sharing this to encourage you that it is possible to do miracles with that 4 eggs if they hatch.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for your encouragement; I am hatching the eggs using the ghost shrimp method. After putting the eggs in with the java moss, I can't find them anymore, must wait till they eye up right?

Quote Originally Posted by gweesm1
    While I was raising the fry (2 male, 3 female), the trio never give me any viable eggs at all.
    How come your trio doesn't lay any viable eggs while you were raising the fry?

Anyone out there have micro worm still for distribution, my culture was doing well till it crashes last week, the thing turn all moldy, does anyone know what had happened.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy_ng
    Anyone out there have micro worm still for distribution, my culture was doing well till it crashes last week, the thing turn all moldy, does anyone know what had happened.
    Kennedy, I can spare you some starters if you can self collect around Choa Chu Kang area.

Mold has a chance of setting in before a culture is established. If it's a 'light dusting' on the surface, give it a good stir and sprinkle some yeast over the media to boost worm production.

When MWs have gain a foothold in the culture, chances of it going moldy is very much less.

If you had not used cooled previously-boiled water, it might have been fungus/mold spore contamination.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    I supposed the AUS were too old, all the eggs fungus, I really mean ALL.

I collected the most eggs from 3~6 months old AUS. The older AUS will end up in a display tank at my friend’s fish shop.

If CCK is too far from you, I can spare you a starter culture. I will be at Kerin’s shop this Saturday to collect some plants, we can meet there. Give me a call. 91091103, if you prefer this arrangement.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List