Thread: what tipe of fp gardneri are the fish in pictures

Feedback Score

what tipe of fp gardneri are the fish in pictures

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

and

The first have yellow on the fins the second have only blue -- what species of Fp Gardneri are, can u tell me?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Cosmin,

The one on top looks like a Fp gardneri "Baissa" and the one below could be a Fp gardneri "N'sukka"

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    The first fish can be Fp gardneri ``makurdi`` ? look at this link

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ish&1072068294

in this page it`s a picture ... can be makurdi ?

Do u know a web page or some material ti explain the diference between fp gardneri species?

Feedback Score
    Hi killie comic,

I am against you attempting to identify the fish if you have bought this from a fish shop. There are lots of gardneri around with different population and collection codes that look alike to us.

Worst still, some of the non gardneri but from the genus Fundulopanchax looks like gardneri, so I feel that we are not in a position to tell what fish you have there.

Killifish hobby is not only about keeping fish in your own tank, a lot of times we exchange or sell to other hobbyist. Thus the wrong identity can lead to corruption of population and collection code if the fish is past around.

Say, if we have identify the fish to be Fundulopanchax gardneri Nsuka (In actual fact which is not) and it happens that there is a hobbyist around your area who has bought some Nsuka eggs from a breeders and the hatch turn out to be all females. Out of good will, you pass him your “Nsuka”. That is the beginning of corruption of population and collection code, which is not desirable.

Unless you are able to track down the hobbyist or suppliers who supply the fish to the fish shop. Why don’t just call your fish Fundulopanchax gardneri? (if you are sure it is a gardneri)

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Hi

first of all i bought this ``egss`` from someone in germany he told me that are Fp gardneri N'sukka, but when the fish grow up i notice the diference from males and i whant some information about how can i identity those fish.

M.Cosmin

ps : i found another fish like the first in the picture Fp gardneri Akure

http://atlas.drpez.org/view_photo.ph...albuu46&id=aaa

Feedback Score
    Ooo no, I guess the person who had sold the eggs mixed them up. I hope you will not breed the fish at all as you are unable to tell which female is for which male.

I know it is tough to ask you not to breed them as such I am offering to send the N’suka eggs to you for free if you promise that you will not mix up my Nsuka with the fish that you have now.

Drop me an email [email protected] if you find this offer attractive.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List