Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: [i]Betta simplex[/i] article (off topic)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Thailand

[i]Betta simplex[/i] article (off topic)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have just posted a new article about Betta simplex at http://www.siamensis.org/survey/s026e.asp
    I hope you will find its interesting.

Nonn

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Nonn,
    Excellence Article! How I wish Singapore has more of this kind of natural reserve than more golf course or something.

Regards,
    Ong Poh San

Feedback Score
    That is a wonderful article. Around where I am, the local shops are very limited on species of Anabantoids, which makes this article very refreshing to see other species of them.

You may not be able to share the wild caught fish, but how about the Cryptocoryne cordata ?
    -Mark Mendoza

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    That's an outstanding article, Nonn. The Betta simplex needs more people like you. Too often, the so-called hobbyists who keep the fish only want to buy and sell them. Too few care enough to want to do anything to help protect the species in their natural habitats.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Hi all

After buying a pair of Betta edithae at a killie auction I went to a couple weeks ago and having them spawn in my tank I decided I'd like to try a few more Bettas. I've managed to find a shop in England (too far away for me to get to) that will send me fish. I'll be recieving 2prs of simplex, 2prs of picta and 2prs of rutilans on Tuesday. I don't know how established simplex are in this country but hopefully I can breed them and spread them about a bit.
    Regards
    Tom

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    Wow, that's the pond!

This pond appeared on so many publications! In Japanese publications like Minima, A-Wave, even Aqua Journal(yeah, as usual it was an underwater shot), they were refering the Crypts as C.siamensis!

I remember reading somewhere that it was Horst Linke who gave the locality information to Maurice Kottelat.

I have a male Betta simplex sharing a 1.5 ft tank with a pair of Betta cf.taeniata. I saw a couple females like week but they were a bit small.

Cheers,