Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

my 3ft planted

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I do not know if I ever did show my 3 footer on killies, If not then here it, is if yes then just bear with it and maybe give comments also I'm just testing a new image hosting server.

my dear anglefish has been adopted by my cousin a few months back as they were terrifying all my other fish when its feeding time...

Tank dimension (3 X 2 X 2)ft
    Filtration system: ehaim 2215 & 2213
    substrates: just ADA soil (malayan)
    CO²: 3.5l using external reactor at 30 bubbles per minute
    Lux: 144w PL
    Flaura: java ferns, anubias nanas, tonina sp., moss, amazon sword, red lotus (cant remember its name), Crinum calamistratum.
    Fauna: apistogramma bitaeniata, ap. agasiizii, ap. pertensis, ap. gephyra, ap. panduro, corydoras pygmaes, c. habrosus, c triliniatus, lampeyes normani, discus and rummy nose.

I think that's all about the thing I have in that tank. the tank was rescape last november and I think I will do another rescape next month
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Rashid...

Can ADA soil be used by itself without any base fertlisers?
    And can you put down your fertiliser regime...

Regards,
    Izzat

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ADA soil

nope I didnt use any base fertiliser just ADA soil. only use PMDD dosage every water change.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice tank! I like your tank layout.. looked much better than mine.

BTW: your tank also look very yellowish, maybe a littel more yellowish than mine but I did not use ADA soil.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

yellow

The yellow I think is from the PL light. anyway I think the pix is over exposed.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Rashid,

Hmm.. nice setup!

I like the good volume of foreground. The distorted v-shaped (plane view) aquascape extended all the way to the right front which create illusion of greater depth than real. The wood on the left adds character while at the same time contrasting the stem plants behind them. Well done!

I would suggest having less plant species, especially the right back to improve the overall focus and character.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah, with tank like that and still got room for improvement? I better redo my tank this weekend. I got more plant type that you and my tank is smaller, 2.5ft.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks all for your comments.
    Will definately make improvemnt to it, anyway I think its due for a makeover.

I think I will not change the right side but will do some adjustment to the left side of the tank. Freddy or anybody can give any recommendation to what plant I should use?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by fc
    The distorted v-shaped (plane view) aquascape extended all the way to the right front which create illusion of greater depth than real.
    Freddy, what "distorted v-shaped" are you referring to? It's a nice setup I'd like to replicate but only with the following Echinodorus species... would it be possible to fit everything into a tank 24"L x 12"W x 18"H, or is it madness?
    Echinodorus 'A-Flame', 'Rosé', 'Rubin' (Regular leaves), 'Oriental',
    E. grandiflorus, E. parviflorus 'Tropica', E. tenellus and E. uruguayensis.

KC, you're not alone with 'messy tanks'... think I'll grab Freddy over when I revamp mine
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ronnie,

May be I too much into precision. The aquascape shape can be seen from the top of the tank - the "Distorted V" shape I mean has unequal lengths of the V.

I am not really a good aquascaper, I am just a plant grower. If you think that my view helps, I will be there.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: yellow

Quote Originally Posted by A.Rashid
    The yellow I think is from the PL light. anyway I think the pix is over exposed.
    The yellowish is due to the white balance setting on the camera. ...