Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Advice on Tank

Advice on Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi i just redone my tank and would like some advice on how to improve it more especially the right background which seems a little bare.Any advice will be appreciated thanks

CheeSeng

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    CheeSeng,

First, I have to say that I am not good in aquascaping. However, I think your setup is fine, it is natural looking, harmonious. Given some time to grow and mature, and I think it would turn out nice.

On the maintenance, I find that you have relative high bio load and the plants are generally slow growers. You need to change water more often for this case to keep the excess nutrients down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    A bunch of red tiger lotus would look great right there. It'll help to give the tank some bright spots. As is, there's too much green.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Chee Seng,

You may wish to shift the inlet filter hose/skimmer to the corner. I like to place the inlet and outlet together in one of the back corner and direct the oulet to face the other back corner. In this way, the filtered water (via oulet) flow the longest path (and mixed with tank water) before coming back to the filter again (via the inlet). The water is the most calm too.