Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Quality of wrought iron stand.

Feedback Score

Quality of wrought iron stand.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've bought a wronght iron stand to house 3 x 2 ft tanks thinking that it will never rust. I was shocked to see that there were some rust forming on the surface of the 'wronght iron' in less than 3 months. Does anyone out there know what is going on? I believe I've been conned by those so-called factory sales seller.

Tomcat.
    []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    think most 'wrought iron' product out in the market are actually made of mild steel. processes such as painting and reshaping of metal gives it a wrought iron look. think is more of a marketing ploy to give mild steel products a new look.

anyway, if surface preparation are done properly, the stand should not rust for quite while. unless you happen to stay near the sea or some corrosive substance has come into contact with the stand.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Lesson learnt! Never to buy from "supplier" without a shop. If I buy from LFH, I beg they would not stood so low to con you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    In the 1st place, is it true "wrought iron" will never rust ??[:0]
    Click to My Aquarium Blog
    I Love Corydoras, Planted Tank and Taiwan ( Singaporean )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Corydorus,

Refer to tawauboy's post.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Not managed to find the post. But did get hell lot of info from the web.

Wrought iron is virtually unobtainable this days[:0] unless you willing to pay alot because is handworked.

So I would assume when they say Wrought iron we are of the understanding that the surface texture looks like one.

So when it rust depends on the quality and coatings.
    Click to My Aquarium Blog
    I Love Corydoras, Planted Tank and Taiwan ( Singaporean )

Feedback Score
    In this case, can I bring the issue to CASE to protect other consumers like myself. Any suggestion? I replace my old stand with this 'wronght iron' one to protect my family since I'll be leaving my tanks outside my house.

Any suggestion?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Why don't you approach the person who sold you the item. Maybe he will compensate you. If they don't response and you're really serious, then you can report to CASE.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/18/2003 3:54:11 PM

think most 'wrought iron' product out in the market are actually made of mild steel. processes such as painting and reshaping of metal gives it a wrought iron look. think is more of a marketing ploy to give mild steel products a new look.

anyway, if surface preparation are done properly, the stand should not rust for quite while. unless you happen to stay near the sea or some corrosive substance has come into contact with the stand.
    ----------------
    I don't think they are using mild steel for 'wrought iron' and I may be wrong. The reason is, I doubt mild steel can handle such a weight of a 3' tank. I think it could be some cast iron after "plastic surgery". They might had coated it with some protection paint but was scratch off during delivery.
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Billy,
    I believe it's mild steel and I'm quite sure that it can withstand the stress applied by the tanks.

If you look at Teo's tank frame... it's actually mild steel angle bars painted to look like wrought iron.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tomcat, do cool it. To submit a case to CASE, you'd need to be a member (about $50? sorry forgot). But if the amount's not too much see what you can do. I had an unpleasant exp with a LFS that led me to a 2-month phone-calling until they relented to a full refund. So there. BTW, do you have the receipt that says 'wrought iron'? Anyway, these pple really one type!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/18/2003 9:25:55 PM

Lesson learnt! Never to buy from "supplier" without a shop. If I buy from LFH, I beg they would not stood so low to con you.
    ----------------
    i believe the "wrought iron" stands commonly sold in shops are from these "suppliers" too