Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Fissiden sp.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This is the fissiden which can be get easily in Malaysia and Singapore. I had tried to grow them into different water parameter. So far, those in temperature of 22-26C is growing well. Those inside the tank with 27C and above can't really do well.

It was shown to one of the biology final year student - Mr. Yong. (Student of Professor Haji Mohamad in University Malayan and co-team member of Professor Tan from Singapore.) Currently, Mr.Yong doing his research with Professor Haji and Professor Tan. He said it is fissiden. But need some sample to verify the species. I was forgotten to bring some fissiden to him. (Going to pass to him this weeken.)

Here is the picture. (Loh, I sent some to you before.)

My new blog about field trip, aquascaping, DIY and etc. http://dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dominic, are they growing on a reddish-coloured rock? I'm not sure what the surface is that the mosses are growing on. Very interesting texture.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    The rock not as red as in the picture. It is because of my lighting. The rock is a bit brownish...
    My new blog about field trip, aquascaping, DIY and etc. http://dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dom
    The rock not as red as in the picture. It is because of my lighting. The rock is a bit brownish...
    dom,

Do u need to tie it to the rock?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Hey Shih Yong,

Great to see you here. Yes. I found it grow faster on the rock. Especially the rock from river. More nitrgen perhaps. Those on the wood kinda slow. And failed on just leave it on the gravel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dom
    Hey Shih Yong,

Great to see you here. Yes. I found it grow faster on the rock. Especially the rock from river. More nitrgen perhaps. Those on the wood kinda slow. And failed on just leave it on the gravel.
    ic, then i got to hunt for some rock.