Country
    Singapore

A thousand apologies

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, everyone,

I accidentally deleted away a whole thread. I'm so sorry. I saw a double post from Dennis and thought I should delete away one of them. Periodically, double-posts appears in the forum and whenever I spot them, I always remove the duplicates. I never had problems until just now when the whole thread disappeared after I deleted one of Dennis' duplicate posts.

I wonder if there's any way to retrieve the thread from the data base. For the life of me, I can't even remember the title of the thread.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I couldn't recall just now but suddenly, it came to me in a flash. The thread that I accidentally removed was titled "How to grow the perfect fronds".

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    KL,

I will have to restore the database with a previous file I saved on my HD, but the problem is, any new postings since then will be deleted. It is a time-consuming task but no guarantees the deleted thread will be in there, because I can't recall when I backed up the DB.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Please do what you can, Jianyang. The new posts probably can't be saved but the thread is an old one revived.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Jianyang, since the forum is phpBB from what I can see, it will use a mySQL backend so you should be able to manually retrieve the thread from your backup.

From someone who hates computers......
    Thanks again,
    Scott Douglass

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Data is as good as the last backup. My copy of the forum was dated Nov 19th, so any new threads won't be reflected anyway.

Scott, you mentioned SQL backend. Is that an application to open/view contents in phpbb_db_backup (SQL File) format??
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I don't understand why but the thread which disappeared from my screen a few hours ago is now back in the forum. Sorry for the false alarm, folks.

I'm positive it wasn't there just now. I really don't understand what happened.

Loh K L