Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Golden Nugget and Royal Pleco Qn?

Golden Nugget and Royal Pleco Qn?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I'm thinking of getting a golden nugget and a Royal.
    What are you guy's experience with these 2 plecos?
    I read in aqualog that they're OK, but planetcatfish says they will be territorial.

How long before the royal reaches its full size?

Thks of any info

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Vican, I don think there is any problem with this combination.
    L177 can grow up to 6"(according to Akoh) I have 3 around 1" have not seen them fighting with each other or with others (my L046, LDA03 & cory) mayb my tank is loaded with drift wood.[:]
    As for L27(a?), I think this fellow can grow extremly hugh. I ever saw a 1.5ft fellow where the own rare it in a pond. So probably need to save up abit to buy a 6ft tank (like Akoh) in near future. I have 1 around 3", seem to get around well with the rest.
    The only consideration I think is food, my L27 so far eat everything I give (veg or meat). But L177 is pure vege. Hope these info base on my own can help.

Kunner,
    Thanks for the info. It's really helpful.

So, what kind of veggies are you feeding them? I'm thinking of feeding them Hikari algae wafers.

They're probably going into a bare bottom tank with some driftwood, javaferns, nanas etc with a very young aro. If the aro gets real huge, I'll move it to my other planted aro tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Is L177 really a vegetarian? Cos I saw mine eating the frozen bloodworms, and that's why it grew pretty quickly.

According to the Aqualog, L190 & L191 (both Royals) don't grow that big.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah! L177 is a vege but I think their eating habit quit flexible. Their growth rate is fast compare to L027. I feed them with cucumber, carrot and tetra bits.

I think I'm laying off the royal. Since I'm ordering thru a LFS whose source is from QH, can't really choose the plecos to differentiate between different kinds of royals, also afraid that they get too big for me to handle.

Actually, I would prefer a pleco that's omnivorous as it would help keep my aro's tank clean of uneaten food

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    One good recommandation personally is L133.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ppl, L177 is Omni and Panaque ( or Royal )max. size is > 12". []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

So L177 adult is > 12" ?

So far, I've only seen an unhealthy one at Petmart and 1-2 Ok ones at C328.
    Wonder if Gan has any?

Feedback Score
    speaking of petmart , saw some new pleco today , one like got armor like that . and quite big
    here fishy fish fishy . here shirmpy shirmpy here is my noobie tank(3wk)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    So L177 adult is > 12" ?

So far, I've only seen an unhealthy one at Petmart and 1-2 Ok ones at C328.
    Wonder if Gan has any?
    ----------------
    Vican, L177 adult max. size is abt 6 " and only the adult Panaque max. size is >12 ".
    Gan have some small ones abt 1.5 ", Check it out ![]

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Finally we see the shifu speak out[] . Allen I have drop the idea of buying those "white spotted long tail" cat (can't remember the name) but are looking at the red zebra u r talking about .

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Allen I have drop the idea of buying those "white spotted long tail" cat (can't remember the name) but are looking at the red zebra u r talking about .
    ----------------
    Kun, the name is Acanthicus Adonis or Polka-dot Lyre Tail Pleco. Adults are rather big and aggressive. The " Red zebra. " is a peckoltia species, nice pleco, hard to comeby too ! coz' this is the second time I saw this species. Check it out !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !