Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    please comment...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Why nobody wanna comment on this tank? Not supporting aquascaping community anymore? haa haa

A simple layout, look like u doing some project on plants? Wat is that card inside u tank? try to hide the tank equipment which I trying very hard cos I using a OH filter.

Try to create a bushy look, fill some empty space but not tat empty like now. maybe u can go ard HDB area or park to learn the "DUTCH" style of layout first which is quite easy to follow. After maybe try to go for the nature look by trekking into Bukit Timah Hill. Singapore Rojak style, only if u like to eat? but can get stomach upset in the long run.[]
    Don't bother if its Black cats or White cats, so long as it can catch Rats. Its a Good Cat.

Statistics pls (tank size, lights etc)
    Another quality, non aquatic-related post from mrs budak!

Feedback Score
    If thats your first attempt....thats a pretty good effort!
    maybe some foreground plants would help make it more greener?
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    39x24x23cm ~20l 5.5gal
    2x13watt pl
    DIY CO2

Feedback Score
    wat is DUTCH style?
    very new to this aquascraping thingy...
    hoping to learn more and improve on my tank
    Not satisfied w it at all

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Domzzz

You may want to consider the following.

The green stem move it to the right side to where the filter is to block it off. The plant which is growing there originally move it in front. Is there a Nuphea SP I see at the back? Remove it for now. Your centre piece should be move to the gap on the right side. Move your Macarandra to the back of the centre piece. Move the stemmed plant that is just on the right side of the Macrandra to the former's position. Place your Nuphea SP (if that is the plant) in front. buy additional small pieces of bogwood to give the continued look and avoid getting anymore flat ones. you may be really short of mid ground plants. Bury your steel mesh slightly into the substrate.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How old is the setup? If they are more than 2 months, you are doing alright for the plant.

Since your tank is small, I would suggest that you read up the Amano's books. If you do not have one, go to national library or some big book shops. There are many illustration on small tanks. As a general guide, you should use only small leaf plants.

However, IMO, the thing about Amano's small tank's aquascapes is that most of them are not easy to maintain the look. The plants would grow fast enough that need Dutch style trimming to stay in shape on weekly basis. And that often kill the plant. On the otherhand, if one were to neglect it, it would often run into jungle style very quickly.

That's why I prefer larger tank which is much more forgiving and therefore, need less attention. For that, I always beleive small tank is reserved for the more matured hobbyists who wish to do miniture aquascape.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    Not too bad effort for your first planted tank.

Don't mind my comments, but you could try to hide the hose as it's really an eyesore right now.
    The tank you have is not exactly big so you have to be more careful with your choice of plants. The Aponogeton will be way to tall while the E.bleheri will outgrow your tank in no time.
    The Riccia at the moment looks errrr..... under developed. It would be better if the wood can be relocated back somewhere of center and maybe let the foreground area be covered with more Riccia.

Juz some suggestion.

I think as you get along, you may want to do some tweaking to give a look (not necessary as what I suggested) that will better and suits your taste. That's what I'm doing right now to my tank.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 1/27/2003 1:13:20 AM

Hi,
    Not too bad effort for your first planted tank.

Don't mind my comments, but you could try to hide the hose as it's really an eyesore right now.
    The tank you have is not exactly big so you have to be more careful with your choice of plants. The Aponogeton will be way to tall while the E.bleheri will outgrow your tank in no time.
    The Riccia at the moment looks errrr..... under developed. It would be better if the wood can be relocated back somewhere of center and maybe let the foreground area be covered with more Riccia.

Juz some suggestion.

I think as you get along, you may want to do some tweaking to give a look (not necessary as what I suggested) that will better and suits your taste. That's what I'm doing right now to my tank.

----------------

Any suggestions on what plant should i get instead?