Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Need help

Feedback Score

Need help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi there, I'm new here. Just set up a 2 feet tank. Added live rocks, but live prawns, crabs & worms started dying. Water still abit cloudy after a day. Quite unsual & nitrate level pretty high. Is this common? I also changed about 1/4 of the water. Hope that nitrate level will come down soon. What is the likely cause of it? Would appreciate if anyone can advise. Thanks.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    u have not cycled your tank properly.. thus the high casualty rate.. i would recommend that u start cycling the tank for 4 weeks.. do read up on the aquatic FAQ.. there is a article on marine.. the books to read up... which i seriously advice u to do so..

the reason why the water is cloudy is because of the surge in ammonia... u can't just dump in fishes or any live stock the very first day u setup.. read up on the nitrogen cycle.. if u set it up correctly.. u will succeed.. if not, doom to fail.. chances are, your Live rocks might start dying too.. and no matter how much u change the water.. it will be useless.. coz there is not bacteria present or enuff of them to break down the waste.... u are only prolonging the agony.. from the ways u describe it.. there is a high possibility that your tank system might have collapse... take my advice, read up first.. b4 u dump in more stock.. it will save u tons of money..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Thanks buddy for your valuable advise. Would read up on those stuff.