Thread: SOXAL opened?

Feedback Score

SOXAL opened?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

anyone knows whether if SOXAL is opened after CNY? I think my CO2 is running very low these few days and might need to get a topup after all. Don't wanna go on a waste trip cos I'm kindda preoccupied by other matters at hand.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Simply give them a call? [] The phone number is 62653788...
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    thanks. will call them tommorrow. I'm busy with work these few days. The only time I can sit down is to view the postings and have my lunch or after work.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you're that busy, might I suggest dropping by Bioplast and request for immidiate topup. Call ahead first if this is possible. The number is listed in the LFS list above.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Thanks, but I think SOXAL will be nearer to me as I live in jurong west extension area.

Can someone repost the address as I lost it? Or maybe post the full name of the place?
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Here you go....

Singapore Oxygen Air Liquide Pte Ltd
    16 Jalan Buroh, Singapore 619475
    Tel: (65) 62653788 Fax: (65) 62651441

Feedback Score
    called and asked. Tthe actual top up will be done at 22, Tanjong Kling Road, same phone number to call. I've asked someone to bring my tank there for top up today. Will update you guys abt the top up if u are interested.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Pls update ... [] ...Will be very interested..

Feedback Score
    HiHi,

back again. there's actually 2 places next to each other. One is National Oxygen and the other is Singapore Oxygen factory. It might confuse 1st timer abit cos the buildings are next to each other. Just walk up to the one with alot of cylinders outside.

I'll be collecting my CO2 canister next week cos my tank has already expired and needs testing before refilling. Hopefully it can pass the test.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Takes a long time huh? I thought they can do it within a day?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow.... such a long wait. I would go to Bioplast since there is a few days waiting involved. The last time I delayed my topping up ended in heavy infestation of BBA.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Hi all,

sorry to keep u all waiting. actually the CO2 canister was due for collection on saturday. But I'm working and my friend wasn't free to collect for me on that day.

Anyway, today I was on MC and decided to collect it after I've seen a doctor. Me and my friend took 249 down. I forgot to count the number of bus stops but the bus route goes like this; Bus goes straight along the factories, then turn right and go straight along Jln Buroh. You'll see SOXAL factories on the way but do not alight until the bus turns left. When you alight, go into the guard office. For those going to SOXAL to top up, you can also take bus 251 as well, but it is another different bus route though.

My top up is quite expensive compared to what you all said, which is less than $10. Due to the tank I'm holding has passed expiry date, I need to do testing before top up. I paid $29.12 for a 2.9kg tank. Initially when it is taken there, they wrote 0.6kg on it. But after top up, they confirmed with me that my tank is actually 2.9kg. $18 is for the testing and $10 for topup of a tank less than 2.9kg. They also did new markings on the canister with SOXAL marking and weight on it. I think they also repainted the silver coating on my tank as well.

If this top up last very long, i think it should be quite worth it since they are professionals in gasous stuff and it is safer than some LFS.

Does anyone knows what this, "CO2 IND <2.9kg INV IN CYL(H) COP" stands for? I know 2.9kg stands for weight and CO2 IND stands for industrial CO2. How abt other stuff? Is industrial CO2 suitable for aquarium usage? I already started using at my tank and the fishes & shrimps seem to be ok.
    Regards,
    Brigitte