VIPER
VIPER
It took me 4 painful hours just to put in the water as I want the tank to be cloud free.
![]()
VIPER
A Completed tank with plants.
![]()
VIPER
Well Looking to load the tank with more plants soon. And most importantly,
waiting to put in 50 Cardinal Tetras & 10 Cherry Shrimps.
Will put up pix after that is done. Thanks for viewing
VIPER
Looking good!![]()
Today water ph is 6.5.
Temp of the Tank is 25.5 degrees using just a SL Tower $10 diy fan.
Did 5% water change today.
...Thanks Craftsman
VIPER





Pics are abit too big, please conform to the 800x800 rule on posting on AQ.
nice one! i just started, as in from scratch! wish to have one like yours one fine day![]()
Nice setup Viper.
Sorry, bear with my newbie question - 50 Tetras.. that's alot for only a 2ft size is it not? I'm learning too.. only have 14 Cardinals (1 died after some rescaping/stress), 6 Black Neons (donated) and 3 SAEs.. and already I think it's too crowded.. will the Bio/waste to too heavy?






50 Cardinal tetras would be too many in a 2ft system.
Also, you need to cycle the tank first. Adding a load of tetras at once will just cause another ammonia spike even if the tank is cycled. Add the fish in batches, after the tank has cycled.
James
Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.
Thanks to bro neverwalkalone & Mez for the comments...
Well, 50 is indeed alot. but since they are mostly babies is ok for now till they grow bigger. As I have plans to get another 2 ft tanks soon.
I have actually added the 50 Cardinals in on Sat. Till now they are eating well and so far base on my test there are no ammonia spike. I have added at least 3L of water every and removing 1.5L. So I'm confident in keeping the Ammonia spike out.
Thanks
VIPER
Here is the picture with 50 Cardinal Tetras
Water Temp is 25.5-26 degrees
5%-10% water change daily
![]()
VIPER
Here is a new update on my tank.
![]()
Last edited by Viper007; 21st Jan 2009 at 19:09.
VIPER


wow..nice set up you have done there
I'm still trying to pick up this hobby.
Anyway TS..is 4x24w of lights kind of too much for a 2feet tank?
going NA today or any other LFS?
PaulApisto Noobie
Bookmarks