Images
    Country
    Singapore

Help! How to grow Xmas Moss

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've been growing xmass moss on my driftwood for abt 2 mths now. While the moss seems to have grown (i can see an increase in size), i dun seem to be getting the nice tree-shaped fronds i saw at the LFS i bought them (the owner took some out of the tank to sell to me).

Just today, I saw that the bottom layer of the moss had already attached itself to the driftwood. Interestingly, the colour (ligher shade of green) and fronds (trangular) are similar to what i saw (and would liked to get).

Should i remove the top layer (they look stringy, much like java moss) and allow the bottom layer to grow outwards?

Are snails known to eat moss? I'm asking this cos I have been busy removing snails from my tank and most of them seem to be hiding in my moss (either that or i can see them better cos of the contrast in colour).

Any help would be much appreciated.
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I believe that the moss is directly under the light. Moss don't seem to like lites.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i second that, Moss are low light plants but they trive better in high light. Cool water and good water circulation and lots of fert is required for moss to grow nicely.

Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Mmm ... Guess i'll have to figure out how to give them a bit more shade. At the moment, only abt 20% of it is "sheltered" by water sprites.

My tank's temperature is hovering around 27-29C region. Riccia seems to be doing fine (2cm after 1st mth, ard 3.5cm now) but is this too high for my moss? Pls advice.
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    I believe most moss grow best at 25~26 degrees. So i was told by many LFS owners, and from what i've read...can try using a fan or a chiller to achieve the temps. All the best in growing them!
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Hi

I am also new to planted tank...and many thanks to vinz, simon and Peter esp vinz for assisting me. I will also be doing a low light planted and hope that experience bros here will assist in providing the need we newbie needs.

Will be hunting for moss in Mid-March. Yo vinz, I will need the netting soon from you []