Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: New 2 ft tank, just pick up this hobby.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

New 2 ft tank, just pick up this hobby.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, just pick up this. been reading some books, so decided to bash in yesterday to buy the stuff to set up my first aquarium. stil think there's a lot of area for improvement. appreciate any comments and advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yr gravel not suitable for planted tank , and is yr light PL ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    From looking at the pictures most of your plants are one that do not require substrate to grow in so the stones should be ok.

The white stone is a bit distracting so try and reduce the profile if you can. There is a tuff of a plant that is in the front, I probably would push this back to where the wood is to try and give your tank some depth.

Just a few suggestions, but if you enjoy your setup, that is all that counts

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    From looking at the pictures most of your plants are one that do not require substrate to grow in so the stones should be ok.

The white stone is a bit distracting so try and reduce the profile if you can. There is a tuff of a plant that is in the front, I probably would push this back to where the wood is to try and give your tank some depth.

Just a few suggestions, but if you enjoy your setup, that is all that counts
    thanks for the comments.
    yah.. i realised the substrate is not suitable/needed for such plants after looking at other ppl's tanks. not very happy with the current setup. but guess i got to make do with this for the time being.

any advice wat plants can i plant on this substrate? and when i fill the tank initially without the gravel, the whole tank clouded up. how to prevent that? thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by radical View Post
    thanks for the comments.
    yah.. i realised the substrate is not suitable/needed for such plants after looking at other ppl's tanks. not very happy with the current setup. but guess i got to make do with this for the time being.

any advice wat plants can i plant on this substrate? and when i fill the tank initially without the gravel, the whole tank clouded up. how to prevent that? thanks!
    Hi! just started aqua scaping like yourself. don't have to fret over the choice of bedding. Theres a marketplace here, so you can always sell off your rocks to someone who is looking for some of these rocks. or you can build some goodwill and give it away here in the forum.

One thing I learnt when adding water to any tank is to pour the water onto something else instead of the soil. For example, I use the lid of a takeaway plastic container and lay it on the soil or the surface of the water in the tank. Then I will pour water in a slow and consistent manner onto this lid, preventing any excessive force from hitting the sand underneath and causing "churning" of the sand or substrate.

Hope this helps.