Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Hi, I'm Jim

Hi, I'm Jim

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello Guys,

I'm Jim, new to this forum. Waiting to set up my first planted tank, need to learn from you guys.

Must help me ok? []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Jim, welcome to AQ.. care to intro?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yo Jim,

nice to have you with us... no problems about helping you out... you'll find most of the people here are just dying to give advice ... must do something for their ego ... Anyway, welcome welcome to our little community
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    want some nyphea lotus? lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/23/2002 7:19:17 PM

Yo Jim,

nice to have you with us... no problems about helping you out... you'll find most of the people here are just dying to give advice ... must do something for their ego ... Anyway, welcome welcome to our little community
    ----------------
    And showing off their tanks...
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi jim

well come to the forum.. but whatever you do, dont ask how big a tank should you get...coz you end up been psychoed(by simon...king of psychoers..but a nice person) and you will buy home a 6ft to 7ft tank.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA []
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Hey Guys, Thank for the warm welcome.

A little about myself. 27 years old, now keeping fishes like arowana, siamese tigers...blah blah blah. I'm from Singapore of course

Very fascinated by beautifully planted tanks nowadays
    Wanted to do it on my Arowana tank and a new 4 ft tank fully dedicated to plants and angelfish maybe, but think that I should try it on my 2 footer first, but at a lost on where to start. I'm totally a rookie in planted tanks []

Nice to meet helpful ppl like you guys

Jim

Ok...my first questions

1. Where can i find more information about the types of plant I can use? Too many scientific names, very confused

2. I notice some tanks have plenty of grass on the substrade, can't even see the sand. Very nice. How do you guys plant them? Plant one bunch and the other bunch at a distance and let them grow and join together? or must planted the whole substrade altogether?

3. What do you guys suggest for the 1st equipments I get for my 2 ft tank? I have a overhead filter with bare tank. Nothing else

4. Are those grass expensive? How about Riccias? are they the ones with the little bubbles? Very nice

Thanks for your patience for reading and answering my questions I really know nothing []

Thanks...Jim

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/24/2002 12:30:55 PM

Ok...my first questions

1. Where can i find more information about the types of plant I can use? Too many scientific names, very confused

2. I notice some tanks have plenty of grass on the substrade, can't even see the sand. Very nice. How do you guys plant them? Plant one bunch and the other bunch at a distance and let them grow and join together? or must planted the whole substrade altogether?

3. What do you guys suggest for the 1st equipments I get for my 2 ft tank? I have a overhead filter with bare tank. Nothing else

4. Are those grass expensive? How about Riccias? are they the ones with the little bubbles? Very nice

Thanks for your patience for reading and answering my questions I really know nothing []

Thanks...Jim
    ----------------
    1) for more plant info check out www.dennerle.de , not to worry, u will soon get used to them

2) Those r hairgrass, those u c that r bushy or fully covered.. takes time to grow.. yes, they r planted in intervals and let them spread from there

3) basic equipment, lighting, c02 (cylinder or DIY)(diffuser, bell, reactor), think u shld oso modify yr overhead filter to reduce disturbance of the water surface at the outlet pipe

4) Nope, especially if u can from Teo.. dun think lfs sell them cheap though
    as for riccia, perharps u can ask the guys here, perharps they have some to spare or for sale

Thanks Simon for your valuable info

Please tell me when you conducting a talk again, I'll like to attend to see how the whole process is like..totally no experience

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u mean the workshop? kekekee... u prolly better off with david & yimin.. me not so technically []

the next workshop is coming soon...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ask me for what, i buay kan one [:]

Feedback Score
    ha ha ha.... Interesting