Did you buy it from NA this afternoon?
I might have saw you there, hehe.
hmm it should have cleared up in 8 hours. Although a few have commented that the filter is underpowered.
Try an 80% water change then wait 24 hours and see how?
Hi Guys.
Newbie reporting in and hope to learn from the experts here
I just set up a new Dennerle 101 Nano tank today. Did all the steps as shown in the the kit's instruction manual. Started to let the filter pump run this afternoon without any plants or driftwood yet and with water fully filled near to the brim....currently only substrate with fertilizer. Noticed now after 8 hours that the water look so cloudy now than when i first started to run the filter.
Is this normal ??? Pls kindly advise.
Any other tips on how to proceed on from here will be much helpful too.
Thanks![]()
My NANO101 tank :
3 x badi badi, 7 x cardinal tetra
2 x bumblebee shrimp, 3 x red nose shrimp
2 x malayan shrimp, 2 x cherry red shrimp
3 x sakura shrimp





Did you buy it from NA this afternoon?
I might have saw you there, hehe.
hmm it should have cleared up in 8 hours. Although a few have commented that the filter is underpowered.
Try an 80% water change then wait 24 hours and see how?
Yo Fuzzy. You are right. I was at NA yesterday and the guy who bought the nano101.
80% water change....will do it today. Thanks for sharing.
Have you ever tried out any of these nano tanks before ?
Come to think of it...ya, the filter pump does seem to be under power for the tank size. Do you have any recommendation for any good filter for that nano101 tank?
Last edited by Wackytpt; 1st Feb 2009 at 10:39.

What is the pump specification?
Cheers
Nicholas
Newbie en el cichlid enano



The same thing happened in my Dennerle 20l nano, the water clouded up but then cleared itself again pretty quickly. Mine has been established since a little while before christmas and has had 3 amano shrimp and 4 cherries living in there for a few weeks too and I haven't found the filter to be inadequate, it seems to do a pretty good job.
kind regards,
Louis Last
Hi LouisIt's encouraging to hear that from another nano tank user like you.
May i know exactly how long did the cloudiness in your nano tank last until it cleared up? Mine is still having the cloudy water problem since yesterday afternoon till now after setting up the tank....![]()







My water cleared up overnight, I suspect that possibly what has happened to make yours especially cloudy is that you perhaps didn't clean the black or brown gravel that comes with the dennerle cubes?, this stuff is very dirty and I had to clean each bag for about 10 minutes before it stopped clouding water. If this is the case then what I suggest you do is remove your plants, put the tank in a sink and run a strong flow of water into it from the tap, the water should be strong enough to be splashing over the sides of the tank but not strong enough to wash all the gravel out and block your sink, just keep stirring it and this will clean the gravel then just add 20 drops of the water conditioner straight to the tank and replace your plants. In such a small tank I don't think it will settle out on it's own because the flow will keep it in suspension.
Good luck!
kind regards,
Louis Last
Here's another set of questions :
How often should i do a water change.
How many % water change should i do each time.
What is the frequency to wash the filter pump ?
Thanks folks for the help![]()



Dennerle suggest that you clean the filter once every 6 weeks, I change 1.5 liters of water a day in my 20l cube, I think you need to change about 50% of the water every 2 weeks.
kind regards,
Louis Last
Bookmarks