Country
    Singapore

Yamatos with Sakuras or CRS?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I just finish cycling my 1 feet shrimp tank. but noticed that there are hair algae on my moss. Thought of getting some yamato shrimps to get rid of it. but I intend to keep sakuras or CRS in the same tank.

Will yamato attack or eat the other shrimps?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Get malayan shrimps...they more friendly...
    TaKe CaRE Of WatER and ThE WaTer TaKe CarE YOuR FAunAs....BuT My FaUnA DO nOt Like To Be TaKen CaRe bY ThE WatEr,,,HOW??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    yamato not recommended. As time goes by, they will start to snatch food from ur shrimp n become lazy. Moreover, their size can be at least 2 times your other shrimp

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sakuras and CRS can clean up your algae too. There is no need to get yamato or malayan shrimps.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Will sakuras or CRS help eat up the hair algae?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hair algae, brown algae and some soft algae are actually food source for shrimps.

They definitely don't eat BBA, staghorn algae, thread algae and green spot algae.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I will let them feed on the hair algae first before starting to feed them pellets. Hopefully they can manage to clear the algae before my moss dies!!

Today I tried to feed the shrimps 1 pellet. Placed it on a rock. Witnessed a yamato snatching the pellet and swimming off.
    I plan to transfer the yamatos to another tank once all the algae has cleared.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Scotland

shrimps

I have yamato in a small tank with cherries and there is never any problem between them despite the fact that the yamato are about twice as big as my cherries. Whenever I feed them the yamato always 'smell?' it straight away and come rushing out to get the food from my fingers then they carry it off and leave the rest for the cherries who come for it more gradually. I have even seen cherry shrimps steal food from the yamato before.
    kind regards,
    Louis Last

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by louis_last View Post
    I have yamato in a small tank with cherries and there is never any problem between them despite the fact that the yamato are about twice as big as my cherries. Whenever I feed them the yamato always 'smell?' it straight away and come rushing out to get the food from my fingers then they carry it off and leave the rest for the cherries who come for it more gradually. I have even seen cherry shrimps steal food from the yamato before.
    This is why I dislike Yamato. They are bandits. Haha