1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

is it safe?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    intend to wash my tank gravel.. like remove all the water and plant, everything to wash the gravel.. which a small quartz pebble like gravel..

after washing is it safe for the shrimp in the tank if i just intro in like that.. but using the water before i wash?

or do i have to recycle the tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: is it safe?

Usually, if you are a breeder, i don't think you want to do anything to you tank or disturb the water parameters of your tank.

If it is not necessary, no need to anything.....just keep you tank as it is.

Most breeders will tell you, there will be casualties when major changes done to the shrimp tank.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers
    Acit
    Newbie Baby

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Why would you want to do that? The "dirt" or mulm in the gravel is part of the tank ecology. The same nitrogen cycle bacteria in your filter are also present in your gravel. Deeper down are bacteria that help to breakdown waste (shrimp poo, uneaten food, shed shells, etc) so they can become food for the plants.

If you find that it's too dirty, simple get a substrate vacuum and vacuum the substrate.

Be careful too, because if you disturb the substrate and too much of the mulm gets into the water column, it could prove fatal to the shrimps.

My advise... do not do what you plan, unless you plan on starting a brand new tank and going through cycling again... at least a partial one.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

roger that.. cause actually was thinking of adding UGF into the tank so the process might be need..