Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0

    Thumbs down Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    I went to NA recently to buy Elbiru 36watt e-ballast. Since whenever I bought the e-ballast from Chan (the shop owner), he would give me the free wire and simple connectors (post updated - I should say bundle instead of free), so I request the lady for that. She told me I have to pay for the 2 connectors and wire. Each will cost $1. That mean I have to pay additional $3. Where got such thing! I asked her to call Chan but she refused to call. After explaining to her, she just told me in mandarin and the meaning is that you should buy from Chan, you should not buy from me. you can come other day. After that I told her that will cost me more for another trip. She told me that this is not her problem. At the end, I didn't buy the ballast and other aquarium items.

    I am very sad that Chan has such terrible helper. This lady would not help Chan to retain customer, instead she is chasing. If this deal is made, Chan would have more earning that day. I don't know why in this economy crisis, there is still people afford to lose customer.
    Last edited by ahhua; 25th Feb 2009 at 15:26.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    8,961
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    104
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    *Ahem* I haven't been to NA for a very long time (1 or 2 years)... so I don't know if it's the same China lady. The one I know, is his wife.

    Even so, it should not matter who she is.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    126
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    34
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Erm, I know it's disappointing when you expect certain things, but maybe you can look at it another way.

    The profit margin is razor thin. So $3 worth of wire etc, they earn $1.50 that's assuming markup is 100%. I d' suggest give it to them, it's hard living. You'd have to sell reams of wire to even cover the electricity bill.

    It's like me going to C328. Sometimes, uncle gives discount, but wife doesn't. It's fine with me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Telok Blangah, SGP
    Posts
    10,216
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    78
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    sometime the C328 aunty quote me cheaper than the uncle so depend on your luck.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    815
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    she is Chan's wife la... probably being tight on the purse strings. never had any attitude problems when i buy things from her, even when Chan not in the shop.
    think Chan is going to get a earfull for always giving freebies
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Maybe her attitude, speaking and lazy face made me have such response!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    view it this way, it's a bonus if we are offered freebies but do not expect it to be a privilege always.

    time are hard nowadays.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore; Bishan
    Posts
    3,182
    Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    I never had problem with Nature. And I highly recommend fellow planted enthusiast to go patronize the shop.
    .
    .
    I never had free gift from Nature! Maybe I should start asking for it.
    Last edited by barmby; 25th Feb 2009 at 14:35. Reason: spelling

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mother Earth
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    3
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Quote Originally Posted by stetan View Post
    view it this way, it's a bonus if we are offered freebies but do not expect it to be a privilege always.

    time are hard nowadays.
    quote for true.
    i never asked for discounts even though this is an expensive hobby but the fact we picked it up we should be able to handle it.
    economy is getting bad maybe thus the behaviour?
    but shop owner should be diplomatic on how they reject their customers
    is she really from china?
    its sad she does such things to destroy the goodwill Mr Chan has built over the years.
    i would keep a brass knuckle at home if i had such a wife.
    Moving Nature underwater behind glass walls.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,149
    Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    If she do not know you, yes sometimes you get treated like that if you are new. But some people do ask unrelated or not that sincere, i'm sure you get it from her. LOL. So far she talk to me very nicely and even joke around. Yeah, i do get discount than others.

    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mother Earth
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    3
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    does not seem like a welcoming place for new comers when the wife is around.
    but business is about getting more new customers!

    gentleman please keep your wives at home if they hate working.
    or you can purchase a pair of brass knuckles to help ventilate her head and cause higher oxygen flowrate in the brain resulting in lesser stress and perhaps better behaviour.
    Last edited by LeaderOfTeamSad; 25th Feb 2009 at 15:12. Reason: grammar
    Moving Nature underwater behind glass walls.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Sorry, I think I have to clarify that when the first time I bought the ballast from Chan, he gave me the items without telling me they are free and I have never ask for discount or freebies. I should correct my word in my first post and say the wire and connectors are bundled with the ballast instead of FREE. I think Chan bundle them for easy DIY, so that I can easily replace the old Maqnum II ballast and light tube connector. So far I have bought 4 pcs for the past 2 years.

    Maybe she don't like me.
    Last edited by ahhua; 25th Feb 2009 at 15:37.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    8,961
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    104
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaderOfTeamSad View Post
    quote for true.
    i never asked for discounts even though this is an expensive hobby but the fact we picked it up we should be able to handle it.
    economy is getting bad maybe thus the behaviour?
    but shop owner should be diplomatic on how they reject their customers
    is she really from china?
    its sad she does such things to destroy the goodwill Mr Chan has built over the years.
    i would keep a brass knuckle at home if i had such a wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaderOfTeamSad View Post
    does not seem like a welcoming place for new comers when the wife is around.
    but business is about getting more new customers!

    gentleman please keep your wives at home if they hate working.
    or you can purchase a pair of brass knuckles to help ventilate her head and cause higher oxygen flowrate in the brain resulting in lesser stress and perhaps better behaviour.
    LeaderOfTeamSad,

    I let the first joke about brass knuckles and wives pass, but repeating the joke is too much. Please leave your tasteless jokes and chauvinistic attitude out of AQ.

    There's nothing "macho" about beating people, even if it's just a joke.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mother Earth
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    3
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    she should still treat you with proper respect and not goodwill biasness.
    maybe just go down one day when Mr Chan is around.
    Moving Nature underwater behind glass walls.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mother Earth
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    3
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Quote Originally Posted by vinz View Post
    LeaderOfTeamSad,

    I let the first joke about brass knuckles and wives pass, but repeating the joke is too much. Please leave your tasteless jokes and chauvinistic attitude out of AQ.

    There's nothing "macho" about beating people, even if it's just a joke.
    sorry. never meant to hurt anybody, especially females.
    maybe i had issues with this particular senario. not going further on that.
    sorry to trouble you vinz
    Moving Nature underwater behind glass walls.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    9,210
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    371
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Chan do visit AQ. so such feedback will be good for him minus off the remarks by LeaderOfTeamSad.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,194
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    AhHua, take this episode as a learning lesson and move on. It's not always that freebies are given to you and you should appreciate it when it is given. If it was not, take it that none was available for you. After all, Nature has some of the lowest pricing available in the island and of course with such low pricing, you wouldn't expect them to have freebies for all of their customer.

    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    815
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    i think she gets a bit nervous and go into defensive mode when customers ask her too many questions in english. after than that never had an issue with her. sometimes a smile and "how are you doing today" does wonders for service attitude.

    of course i don't mean TS wasn't a gracious customer
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    250
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    16
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    Sometimes i get good service from her, sometimes I don't. I guess it depends whether if you have catch her in a good mood to have good service.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    east
    Posts
    209
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    18
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Bad service NA Thomson - China lady

    I've dealt with both of them before so probably the lady is not so familiar with things. But i do know that NA prices are all reasonable so i don't complain about pricing there. I personally feel they are one of the lowest around, but i have not gone to every LFS in singapore. PM me if anyone knows of a even better place haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •