Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Smile Hi all Fish lovers!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Great site ...lots of great guys and gals here...hope to speak to some of you..
    Am from Cheshire in the UK...its a great hobby in the UK due to many suppliers and Aquatics shops......i have been keeping fish for over 20yrs..mainly Marine but am just starting up again with a Malawi cichlid tank... lovely fish....my first fish was a gold fish from a funfair when i was a little boy!...i have always loved fish, i have Dived in the Maldives and the Red sea on numerous occasions...

My latest ambition is to dive in the great freshwater lakes and rivers around the world and see the huge and beautiful variety of fish species there.
    Last edited by coltsr2; 18th Mar 2009 at 04:48.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Re: Hi all Fish lovers!

Y Halo Thar,

The internet, as is evidenced by this thread, is very serious business. The necessity of formal greetings can not be overstated in a place where tubgirl and goatse are classic mascots. Methods such as cross-posting 20+ threads with the same reply complaining about the forum its self is sure to aid in this greeting. Attributing a single incidence of perceived offense to culture, race or geographic location is also a timeless way of assuring that your mind will remain open and free. Let us all observe that indignation and a strong sense of self-importance are the surest method by which to avoid inducing lulz and sarcastic replies. Welcome to the forum, trollbait.

-Philosophos

*edit* it seems the mods have deleted the angry post that was previously above mine. I guess the fun is over.
    Last edited by Philosophos; 18th Mar 2009 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

...........Attributing a single incidence of perceived offense to culture, race or geographic location is also a timeless way of assuring that your mind will remain open and free...........you should know being American lol!

I have never known a forum in all my life! were so many people who have took the time to introduce themselves and taken the time to express their joy of joining what they inadvertently perceived as being a reasonable place to maybe stay...yet not receive even ONE hello or welcome!!!

There is no excuse for this and the moderators and admins obviously don't give two hoots either speaks volumes....

I dont know why aquaticquotient even bother with having a Members' Introductions section!....

And why you have even taken it upon yourself to reply with such a pathetic, useless and sarcastic and pointless post just sums you up!..maybe you assume you are clever or dare i say even philosophical? ....Ha.....am sure you do!...anyway halo thar to you too....

offense is spelt with a 'c' by the way!...ha.
    Last edited by coltsr2; 18th Mar 2009 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

It can be either with an s or a c; British spelling uses c more commonly. Your own posts are full of grammatical and spelling errors as well, but picking on people for something so minor when they can still communicate their points effectively only shows a lack of ability to construct a decent relative argument. Although I suppose it is better than thinking that where someone is from has much to do with what kind of person they are.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offense
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/offense

May I ask why it is so important to receive a direct welcome? It's not as if you were treated as though you were unwelcome from the few posts you've contributed to the forums previous to this ranting. Either way, what strangers do or don't say to you online is hardly worth raising your blood pressure over..

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Quote Originally Posted by coltsr2 View Post
    ...........Attributing a single incidence of perceived offense to culture, race or geographic location is also a timeless way of assuring that your mind will remain open and free...........you should know being American lol!
    Actually I'm a Canadian temporarily in the US. You can attack that too, if you like. Patriotism is just nationally approved bigotry, and an argumentum ad vericundium. Loldongz.

I have never known a forum in all my life! were so many people who have took the time to introduce themselves and taken the time to express their joy of joining what they inadvertently perceived as being a reasonable place to maybe stay...yet not receive even ONE hello or welcome!!!
    The horror... I'm sure we need formalities like introductions or the whole world will fall apart. Hey, you want to watch Fiddler on the Roof with me and scream, "TRADITION!" along with Tevye?

There is no excuse for this and the moderators and admins obviously don't give two hoots either speaks volumes....

I dont know why aquaticquotient even bother with having a Members' Introductions section!....
    No excuse? It's not your site. You aren't owed a welcome.

And why you have even taken it upon yourself to reply with such a pathetic, useless and sarcastic and pointless post just sums you up!..maybe you assume you are clever or dare i say even philosophical? ....Ha.....am sure you do!...anyway halo thar to you too....
    I posted mostly for the lulz. Big ranting replies like yours are fun . I'm sure flaming a forum of strangers for not welcoming you is a sign of a rational thought process.

offense is spelt with a 'c' by the way!...ha.
    Orly? Well then... I guess that puts me right in my place. Here I thought it was spelt with either. Guess I was mistaken...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offense
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/offense

Hrm... guess it isn't spelt, "color" either. *facepalm* Don't make me get out links about the impure history of the English language. I swear I'll throw a copy of Beowulf at you.

kthxbai,

- FlyingSpaghettiTroll... err... Philosophos
    Last edited by Philosophos; 18th Mar 2009 at 11:08.