Thread: Light reflecting strips or sticker

Feedback Score

Light reflecting strips or sticker

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Is there such a product?

It is a piece of sticker cut to the size you want, and it has reflective surface to be pasted on the back of yr lightning box so that more lights can reach the tank and not wasted.

Pls advise. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/20/2003 3:08:52 PM

Is there such a product?

It is a piece of sticker cut to the size you want, and it has reflective surface to be pasted on the back of yr lightning box so that more lights can reach the tank and not wasted.

Pls advise. Thanks.

----------------
    There are a few products I can think of:

1) Aluminum foil used in the kitchen. Quite reflective and heat resistant. However tears easily and gets tarnished over time. But cheap to replace.
    2) There's a kind of masking tape used by air-con repairmen to inslulate parts and I saw it was quite reflective. Can check it out at h/w shops.
    3) Decorative adhesive papers sold at art shops in Bras Basah Complex and some DIY shops. Comes in a lot of designs like wood-grain pattern, brick pattern etc. Also have gold and silver. The silver ones quite reflective. But not sure if they will be damaged by heat.

Personally I only tried aluminum foil before.
    Later, when I DIY my light sets, I used aluminum reflectors. SOlid piece and very reflective. Can clean to shine like new when dirtied by water splashes.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. comnon household products that we didnt think much..alas

Feedback Score
    there is actually a sticker like sheet of silver reflective paper,dimensions are width about 30 cm or a lil more and length you just specify to the shop owner.i got mine from the hardware store at holland village on the second floor.