Country
    Turkey

Hey Everyone frm Singapore

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Bugra and Im from Turkey.At the moment I am in Singapore for a vacation and I am a fan of Chiclids( Tropheus).
    Can anyone suggest me to visit some Petshops or areas where they sell special brands of tropheus fish foods & fish tank equipments?(Like address of the places so I can go and buy)
    Thank you very much

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England

Re: Hey Everyone frm Singapore

How do you plan to take the fish back?
    Need to check with authorities in Turkey..
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Turkey
    Im not going 2 buy fish and take back 2 Turkey.
    As I said Im lookng for special brands of fish food and some fishtank equipments.I also know that Singpore is rich with Discus fish.So I would love to visit the petshops or the markets just to see the live
    specious of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mez View Post
    How do you plan to take the fish back?
    Need to check with authorities in Turkey..
    Im not going to buy live fish.Im lookng for special brands of fish food and fishtank equipments.
    So do you know anywhere specialized for aquarium fish?
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 8th Mar 2009 at 00:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hey Everyone frm Singapore

Look at the top menu bar. We have a LFS directory. Look in there. It has a Google Map too (although not all the shops in the directory is in the map), so you can see where the fish shops are clustered and you can visit one area at a go.

Areas with many fish shops are Serangoon North. Look for Petmart (ask for Ben if you go there) in the directory, go there and wonder among there. You can always ask the shopkeepers which direction to head for more fish shops. To my knowledge, this is the most closely clustered group of fish shops.

You could try Clementi Florist & Aquarium, it's stocked with lots of equipment and other aquarium stuff. There is one other large shop in the same building.

Most of the shops are in our heartlands, so you will see the real Singapore.

Another place to wonder around would be the fish farms at Lorong Halus. You probably need to take a cab there from the nearest MRT station. And make sure you have a cab company phone number, so you can call a cab to get out of there. Go on weekends.

For a more tourist friendly fishfarm, do Qianhu (their "Visit Singapore" website entry). The ones above are not unfriendly, just not easy for tourist to navigate.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.