Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A new beginning......

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Tore down my previous scape 2 days ago due to infestation of some unknown snails. Cleaned the tank and plants thoroughly and redid this:-

Another angle:-

Specs:
    Tank Dimensions & Volume: 45 x 19 x 21 cm / about 18 litres
    Filter - Eden 501 with mini surface skimmer from another HOF attached to inlet.
    Substrate - GEX soil red pack
    Fertilizer - Seachem Flourish
    Lighting - Boyu 18 watt PL Light 6400k
    Co2 - DIY with Nano ceramic diffuser & daily dosage of excel
    Flora - Java Fern, Mini Nana, Blyxa Japonica, Japanese Hairgrass, E. Tennelus, E.quadricostatus
    Hardscape - 1 pc of driftwood
    Temperature - 26 to 28 degrees Celsius (DIY Fan on when aircon is off during daytime)

Currently still cycling this tank. Future fauna will be not more than 4 male Endlers (Currently they are still in fry stage) and 2 Oto. Endlers are in my fry tank and Oto are in my breeding tank.

All comments and suggestion are welcome

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Re: A new beginning......

I can't even begin to imagine how long it took you to replant that foreground. Hope your back is feeling okay
    It looks great though. Maybe get some mini nana growing along the 2nd protrusion from the driftwood (starting on the right to a downward slant) once the first row needs a trimming, and let some of the blyxa japonica grow into the driftwood's territory a little on the right and also left of the piece to create a balance, since its contrast is more noticeable against all the shades of green and therefore draws the eye so heavily to the right side of the aquarium.
    It looks VERY good as is, though. Good job!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nice scape but would the blyxa japonica able to survive under 18watt of light?
    New 2ft Project Coming Up
    Aquascaping since 2006-Present

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Czyne View Post
    I can't even begin to imagine how long it took you to replant that foreground. Hope your back is feeling okay
    It looks great though. Maybe get some mini nana growing along the 2nd protrusion from the driftwood (starting on the right to a downward slant) once the first row needs a trimming, and let some of the blyxa japonica grow into the driftwood's territory a little on the right and also left of the piece to create a balance, since its contrast is more noticeable against all the shades of green and therefore draws the eye so heavily to the right side of the aquarium.
    It looks VERY good as is, though. Good job!
    Thanks for your suggestions and comments! I will certainly look into it but not now... Tired from the scaping By the way I took about 3 hours on that foreground. From trimming and taking out brown leaves to planting it.

Quote Originally Posted by aquascaping1982 View Post
    Nice scape but would the blyxa japonica able to survive under 18watt of light?
    No problem. These blyxa were the same ones from my previous scape. A few of them are turning reddish and one particular one had turned more reddish under direct light.

Here's a pic showing them in the same tank and lights in the previous scape. Not very clear but if you look somewhere in the middle that's the most reddish blyxa.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

wow i like this scape

hmmm bro your this tank how much ah?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaboyy View Post
    wow i like this scape

hmmm bro your this tank how much ah?

Thanks Bought this tank for 2 red notes in one of the lfs in bedok.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A FTS:-