Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ----------------
    On 2/26/2003 7:37:02 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a power-head?

I read that thread but was too embarass to ask since the discussion had escalated to a pro level. Amature like me totally lost after reading the postings.

Apologies to those kind people who posted to my questions. but I am really ignorant in this hobby. Acronynm and jargon is a blur in my dictionary.

Hey, every greenhorn has his days......
    ----------------
    A powerhead is the unit which is used to pump out water. The unit on top of a internal power-filter... Some of them do have an inlet to allow aeration, you just have to add a short air-tube and it'll fizz up soon....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr site

aqua: are your plants bubbling close to lights out? i think after you increase your co2, this would be a good indicator if at least your plants are thriving and the conditions are rite. as for your shrimps, I think just give your tank more time to cycle, afterall yours is a 3ft tank and may need longer to cycle. don't rush thru the process of getting lots of fish and shrimps in, take your time, make sure your plants are thriving, your present fishes are happy and getting fat, and just simply enjoy your tank as it is first. after say a month then add more fish and shrimps if you want to! don't worry about all the "cheem" stuff just yet, enjoy your tank first!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12