Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nice.
    i supposed you followed vinz style?

Feedback Score
    nice tank vican! Is that a super red?
    BTW, nice lawn of tennellus(?) and that plant in the centre..is it difformis?
    #nicholas
    Web Album

----------------
    On 3/6/2003 12:17:06 AM

nice.
    i supposed you followed vinz style?
    ----------------
    Not really. Both of us wanted to start a planted aro tank at about the same time. I got my fish before i setup my tank and Vinz setup his tank before getting his fish. Vinz's tank is better planted than mine.

Pipsqueak,
    Yes, that is a DFI chilli red. The plant near the centre looks like difformis, but it's not. It's actually ceteratopteris pteridaceae. Previously, I bought it thinking that it was difformis, later informed by hobbit6003 to be C. pteridaceae.

It's a hardy plant and does its job of sucking up nitrate. The good thing about this stem plant is that it doesn't require trimming. At the top, some roots sprout and soon, it floats off as a new plantlet. I just use this for replanting or throw it away, so no trimming needed

It grows pretty fast too. Imagine that this whole plant started as a small plantlet at that position just 3 mths ago

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Vican,
    is the c. pteridaceae common to be found in lfs? looks nice in the photo and the leaves are nice too. one glance it could be mistaken for h. difformis.
    Zulkifli

----------------
    On 3/6/2003 8:32:13 AM

Vican,
    is the c. pteridaceae common to be found in lfs? looks nice in the photo and the leaves are nice too. one glance it could be mistaken for h. difformis.
    ----------------
    I think it is. I remember I bought this together with some difformis in my previous planted tank. Soon after, harvesting some to suck up nitrate in my betta barrack.

I can't remember where I bought it actually. But I believe it to be either Ah Pek, C328, petmart because these were the only places I bought plants from last year before my 5' tank. The rest of my 5
    tank's plants were bought from Teo's.

You're very right in saying that it could be mistakened for difformis. My friend who brought me to buy difformis (watersprite) thought that C. pteridaceae was a variant , thin leaved form of difformis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahaha.... Vinz got style meh?!?

Yeah, both of us had the same idea at around the same time.

Vic, I don't think mind is better planted... just more planted. Your tank is looking good. The vals are doing quite nicely, wish mine would. []

Your aro's got quite a broad body and the spoon head shows well in this pic. Pity we can't really see the colour on it.

You sure that's Ceratopteris pteridoides? Looks like C. thalictroides? I can't find pics of the C. pteridoides to compare. I think it's more likely to be C. thalictroides. According Kasselmann, the former is a difficult aquatic plant and rarely found in aquariums. The latter is much easier and common.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.