Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Questions on HC

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just bought 2 meshes of HC from colourful. What is discover is that my tetras and rummy nose keeps pecking on them, causing some loose strands floating around. Is this normal? Any idea?

Another question.....Is it normal that some HC will melt during the period where it's aclimatising just like parva?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Questions on HC

most will melt away converting to submerged form.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

from what i know.. if those u bought were submerged it will not melt.. HC are demanding plants i think..
    maybe the fishes are looking for food?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

wat is spec required for growin hc?? mine don seem to b growin... keep float up the sand...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wikiboy View Post
    Just bought 2 meshes of HC from colourful. What is discover is that my tetras and rummy nose keeps pecking on them, causing some loose strands floating around. Is this normal? Any idea?

Another question.....Is it normal that some HC will melt during the period where it's aclimatising just like parva?
    Its normal for it float once it's dislodged. It should melt if its growth emmersed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

My hc also float around all the time... Any ideas to keep it on substrate? every 2-3 days it floats by itself. Is this normal?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

No its not normal for HC to be floating around every few days. What kind of substrate are you using? HC grows better with finer grain soil. High lights and good supply of CO2 will make it grow at a tremendous rate. Pearling can also be noticed.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I also have HC floating around every few days.. guess its the CPOs messing around.. I'm using ADA amazonia II with 2x36W and 1bps for a 1.5ft tank temp 28. my tank is bubbling non stop at night. but its been i think 2 weeks, i find that my HC doesnt look as nice as when i bought from colourful.. colourful sells immersed HC and the leaves seems to be bigger and light green.. is it normal?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

I'm using ada amazonia ii as well, temperature 24 and without co2. My tank only got otto and crs. The HC has just been there for 2 weeks. How long should the hc attached itself to the substrate and is co2 a must to keep HC? Thx

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I also experience HC floating up when I introduce shrimps, b4 that many parts of the HC were taking roots and growing when i just planted them. I don't suggest having critters like shrimps and fishes in the same tank with newly planted HC as they might pluck them out from the soil. Just keep to snails to control the aglae.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Plant it deep enough into the soil. Alternatively, tie it on mesh wire, wood or rock like what we do for moss and wait patiently for it to flourish..
    aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transcience

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore