Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help wanted

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,my 3ft tank has started to warp abit already,worrying that it might give way 1 day,i have decided to get a better new 3ft tank with cabinet..(current one onli cost me $100 (tank and iron stand)
    May i know where i can get good tanks??
    And i need some advice to shift my current tank out of my room and get the new tank in my room and all the fishes and plants,where should i keep them in the process of moving??
    When there is water,there will be fish

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    derek, go to Nature.. IMO, their tanks r simple and nice..

as for transferring of stuff, u can catch all the fishes and place them in a pail with a airstone while u remove the stuff u need.. r u gonna reuse yr gravel and base fert? remember to also store up some tank water from yr old 3ft and add them into the new tank...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I only using back my gravel but i will mayb pour hot water over them 1st to kill those snails living in there..i will get new base fertilizer..
    or u think i should just get new gravel??
    it is the more water from the old tank the merrier? if its the case then i gt to get alot of new pails already..
    Does the tank at NA last??
    i don't want a tank to warp again..its like having a timebomb in my room..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Suggest getting new gravel. Cleaning the used gravel is no walk in the park. It's esp difficult if you it's mixed with base fert. Gravel is not expensive. I'm assuming that you are using lonestar/RMC gravel which cost around $25 per 27.5kg. I dun think you'll need more than 2 bags rite? In any case, you decide.

May I know why your present tank is warping? Doesn't it have a brace (or two) in the centre of the tank. It should have and if not you can easily silicon one yourself. Better make sure it's done before reusing the tank again.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    it only have 2 braces at the side and one of the brace on the right is shaking when i move to see its still intact.
    okok..i will go down to NA to have a look soon..thks
    but i whenever i was thinking of the process,kinda shag.
    Ya..i do agree on using new gravel,its saves me tons of time!!
    i should not wash my filter these few days right?? coz i am shifting the tank soon,in the case the after shifting the fishes will b more stress up

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You need to keep the filter running with the previous "old" water or else your precious bacteria colony will die off due to possible risk of chlorine or chloramine.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Derekseah, take out about 1/3 of your tank water 2 lessen the chance it will comes apart while waiting for a new tank.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

hey that's great advice BFG! derek, what I did last time was to remove water from the tank to a large pail or basin, then remove filter and connect it to the pail so it'll be running continuosly, only after which did I remove the fishes to place in the pail. prepare a basin for your plants b4hand too. after removing plants and fish, you'll have lots of time to do up your new tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hEY,thks guys..most probably will get it done nxt week..keep u guys updated..
    muz start to prepare the stuffs already..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Here is what I will do:

1. Make a water change about 1~2 days before the transfer. This keep the water in good condition before the move.

2. On the day, transfer some water into pail before messing up the water.

3. Transfer and run the filter in pail.

4. Keep some gravel for the future tank. Most of the beneficial bact resides in the gravel.

5. You might want to keep more of the mature water for you new tank so that your fish may acclimatise easier to the new tank.

6. Then all the rest... remove fish... blah blah...

Note: Killing snails in the gravel may not be a good idea. It will leave a lot of dead decaying snails which might foul up the water especially when the bacterial colony may not be able to handle the NH3 spike.

Using conditioner like Seachem stressguard or Sera Aqutan will protect fishes against the stress of the move.

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you are getting a cabinet its good, check your flooring also, uneven flooring leads to uneven water pressure.

Get a thick tank next time, if you want it to last. A 3ft tank, maybe 10mm will be good. Always feel that 6mm too filmsy and fragile.
    Live and let live, stop using life feeds.