Country
    Singapore

Talking Nature Freak

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone

Zoo here very new to the forums and sort of bumped into it 2 days ago when I was itching to set up a terrarium and somehow got to know (3 years too late) that some species of exotic pets are legalized by the AVA...

And thats how I got in here thanks to the *** post and here I mean White's Tree Frog not the other *** though I did use the abbrieviation quite interchangeably in my virgin post today on the forums...

Been keeping various species of aquaria and birds for many years now... recently got my own place and was pondering over whether I should keep an aquascaped tank with rams and tetras or mini rainforest terrarium with no fauna, since herps and reptiles are still illegal here... til my 3 years too late discovery... haiz...

CHEERS!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Nature Freak

Welcome to AQ!
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt View Post
    Welcome to AQ!
    Thanks Man!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Hi Zoo, it's always better to be late than never, right? Welcome to AQ.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ha... it didn't occur to me that double-u tee aff is also the abbreviation for White's Tree Frog. Guess you guys just have to go with WT Frog.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Quote Originally Posted by zoothefreak View Post
    Hi everyone

Been keeping various species of aquaria and birds for many years now... recently got my own place and was pondering over whether I should keep an aquascaped tank with rams and tetras or mini rainforest terrarium with no fauna, since herps and reptiles are still illegal here... til my 3 years too late discovery... haiz...

CHEERS!!!
    Reptiles illegal........???? ouch! I love reptiles but my wife hates lizards, maybe one day I will get a snake

But fish and other aquatic pets are cool, so at least you have that!

Welcome to the forum
    * MoZ Aquatics
    * Contact person: Mosiah (Mo)
    * Telephone number(s): cell: 086-8844287
    * Business address: Sukhumvit 77Rd. Bangkok, Thailand 10250
    * Email: [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by EddyTing View Post
    Hi Zoo, it's always better to be late than never, right? Welcome to AQ.

Hey thanks Eddy

hey man says you are Malaysian rite? Are reptiles and herps legal in Malaysia? Coz I just got back from KL and saw at least one pet store selling green iguanas and corn snakes... Also I even saw the aquarium shop at Giant I think in JB selling young green iguanas and even a Chinese water dragon... man you guys are lucky...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt99 View Post
    Reptiles illegal........???? ouch! I love reptiles but my wife hates lizards, maybe one day I will get a snake

But fish and other aquatic pets are cool, so at least you have that!

Welcome to the forum
    Yeah man quite unfortunate but I guess unless they can somehow enforce pet registration the authorities will not be loosening their grip on exotic pets any time soon...

its understandable actually considering our geographical size and the very very limited amount of untouched forest areas supporting the very fragile species of fauna here... takes a single irresponsible pet owner to screw up the ecosystem by dumping an alien species to the wilds...

And this was even proven... take the red eared sliders for example and more recently the Flowerhorn cichlids...

Snakes are cool man so good luck on that ya... I would get a royal ball python if snakes were made legal here

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Hey thanks Eddy

hey man says you are Malaysian rite? Are reptiles and herps legal in Malaysia? Coz I just got back from KL and saw at least one pet store selling green iguanas and corn snakes... Also I even saw the aquarium shop at Giant I think in JB selling young green iguanas and even a Chinese water dragon... man you guys are lucky...
    Whether it's legal of not, not so sure. but I do hear that we need a license for those. But hack, I guess no one will know if we're keeping one at home without license anyway..... The most important thing is, dont make enemies that will launch a report against your pet.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Yeah man quite unfortunate but I guess unless they can somehow enforce pet registration the authorities will not be loosening their grip on exotic pets any time soon...

its understandable actually considering our geographical size and the very very limited amount of untouched forest areas supporting the very fragile species of fauna here... takes a single irresponsible pet owner to screw up the ecosystem by dumping an alien species to the wilds...

And this was even proven... take the red eared sliders for example and more recently the Flowerhorn cichlids...

Snakes are cool man so good luck on that ya... I would get a royal ball python if snakes were made legal here
    Oh, I saw a ball python the other week at the market. Really nice, my wife thought it was pretty too

But think I got to wait until I get the other things together first.

Well, any animal that is not native should never be released into the wild (or your neighbors house)

I know back in the US, a lot of people misplace their Burmese python, and it eats someones kitten.... Than they start passing laws requiring registration for large reptils Just think everyone needs to be responsible, and not ruin things for others.

Best luck to you,
    * MoZ Aquatics
    * Contact person: Mosiah (Mo)
    * Telephone number(s): cell: 086-8844287
    * Business address: Sukhumvit 77Rd. Bangkok, Thailand 10250
    * Email: [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah bro Ball pythons to me are the best pet snakes around coz they are just the rite size even full grown... they certainly wont eat anyone's kitten and are great to handle unlike corn snakes or milk snakes which are in my opinion too tiny even though they have great colour morphs...

But now even ball pythons are available in great designer colour morphs which are a far cry from the original... though of course even in its natural colours they are simply beautiful...
    Last edited by zoothefreak; 26th Aug 2009 at 22:28.
    ...I'm da in da deep blue ...