Country
    Singapore

Siphoning of gunk on gravel

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all..
    was thinking about a thread i read sometime back. Couldn't find it. Someone was asking the same question and one of the forumners replied that he used a device.. something about a narrow and wide thing that will cause the waste to be sucked up but wouldn't suck the up the gravel. Anyone remember? Where can i get a thing like that? The only thing that i can think of is part of my vacuum cleaner...
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon this gravel cleaner is the one sold commercially at LFS? Because i have one gravel cleaner but i don't have it together with the main product.
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wat other main product does Mr. cleaner have?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My cleaner didn't have this part... only the bell shaped thingy that you're supposed to plunge into the gravel

the bell thing is enuff, what the bell thing does is that it actually lessens the suction force at the mouth while still ensuring the same flowrate due to big mouth then to small mouth.... heh... confused? anyway pt is the suction is not strong enuff to suck up your gravel but is enuff to suck up debris. but what you need to do is to disturb the debris and get them to float off the gravel to be sucked in. what I do is use the bell to just disturb the water near the gravel, swirl it, etc and watch the debris all fly in!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok thanks hippo.. []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Normally, as far as I read, it is not necessary to vacuum clean the gravel. It contains accumulated nutrients good for the plants. Plants absorb nutrients through the roots too.

Well. Unless the gunk is too unsightly....
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks