Country
    Singapore

How do you plant cabomba?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi people, as above...

Do you clump a few stalks together and just plunge it into the substrate to get that fanning effect? Or do you plant each stalk individually?

Just did my planting of my whole tank with cabomba(red,gree), difformis, vallis and a kind of lily, dwarf sags. But my cabomba doesn't look like anything in the pics cos they keep falling over to one side. I'm thinking of replanting it but would like to get some advice first. Thanks.
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I used to plant my red cabomba 1 stalk at a time, directly under my lights. I did try to clump a few stalks together but some of the leaves would "melt" after a few days (insufficient lights?). Have to dump them cos 1. they grew too fast for my tank (ard. 10cm per week) and 2. they seem to have a timer of their own (the leaves would "close up" by the time i reach home).
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Theodore
    Guess i will cut them shorter and replant them...
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i think individual stems with at least 2cm apart, so that blockage of light is minimum. They might develop side shoot quickly as well.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    One more thing. Try not to uproot and replant Cabomba often. They are quite sensitive. Once you decide where it will stay, let it be.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks