Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Out of ideas... Please comment =)

Out of ideas... Please comment =)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Moss wall growing quite slowly at 27C... Maybe because of the lack of strong water flow?

Lazy to trim the stargrass too

Thanks for any comments on improving my tank

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    no foreground? a carpet of E. Tenullus might be good.

What moss r u growing? Probably not because of flow..
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yr stargrass on the right, looks like rotting from the bottom, or is it BGA?

the gap between the nuphae and the driftwood... u shld add a red stemmed plant there.. shld look good

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Brother, i think i can help. My moss grow like crazy. I tell you my water conditions.

ph 6.
    temp 29
    lighting 3X15 watts PL lights with one blue light
    Water never change for 2 mths (jus change 50% 2 days ago) and i suppose there are many rotting vegetation that provide nutrients
    Lyon © I would rather walk a thousand leagues then to see your ugly face

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    QiCheng: Long time no see.

Nice setup! I like the right half og the tank. Left half seems a little bare.
    Like Simon said, some red is good. Can also consider a bunch of Ludwigia arcuata or Ludwigia brevipes behind the current lot of Blyxa and maybe some in front of the Vals.
    Next I would like to extend the Blyxa to form a hedge to the left of the tank.
    Lastly, adding more hairgrass to completely cover the foreground gravel.

Cheers!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sky Devil...the thought of never changing water is not really suitable for qi cheng's case. He is keeping discus and those fellows are very particular about water conditions which can only be kept in the tip top by changing water regularly. Hope you don't mind my input....[:]

For good plant growth, all the requirements must be met...namely ..N,P,K,Mg,Ca,Carbon(CO2),micro-nutrients and light. Oh one tip for you..if you get Ca deficiency (twisting of new leaves) like symptoms for plants, do not rush for Ca supplement like I have done only to find out that my traces+iron was the actual limiting factor. This limiting of micro-nutrients or iron reduces the uptake of all nutrients and thus leads to Ca deficiency. With that limiting nutrient added, my plants are bubbling like crazy...never seen before!!! []
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    qc,

Wish I could be more sure about the flow theory cause I adjusted my output to blow along wall and addressed my Mg deficiency problem at the same time. What resulted was obvious light green growing tips on the moss, faster growth and pearling.

Someone else has reported good results by improving flow over their moss, but nutrients play a important role too. Another forumer's slow moss wall showed improved growth after he fixed his K deficiency. So you need to go check out your nutrient levels as well.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Thanks for your comments, guys...

lorba : That's xmas moss on the wall, i think... Hmm yeah thinking of foreground plants but bare gravel seems best for cleaning up after the discus...

Simon : The black patch below the stargrass is actually a shadow... heh camera skills not very good lah...

Juggler : Thanks for the advice... Will try to look for more plants =)

Hmm, someone should invent a nutrient "thermometer" that will detect all macro n micronutrient levels... Sure would make things easier

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have discus too. I use hair grass for my foreground which can be vacuum without damaging them. I mean hair grass can be roughly handled.