Images
    Country
    Australia

Apisto German import

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I saw few pairs of young Apisto with bright red colour on the fins and tail for $60 in Perth Australia where I live. Apparently they are German import. The locally bred cost 6.50 but no where near as colourfull.
    Are they worth the money and will the colour stay bright as they grow??
    Also can the colour of not so bright young ones become more intense as they grow??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    as the law and regulation of live stocks in Aus is strict , thus fishes r much more ex there.. can really tell u if its worth the money, unless u can take a pic of them...

usually, if thats the nature color and not artifically enhanced... coloration oso depend on yr feed and the environment

r u staying in Aus perm or u back in SG?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Hi Simon, I live in Perth but I visit my sister once or twice a year. She lives in Toh Tuck Road. You probably have German import apisto in SG as well. Yes, as far as fish concern you can't beat SG. You have money you can buy it. Pretty much anything cost money in SG hehehe .
    Your apistos that you showed us a couple months back are they SG bred?? They look pretty good. SO far I only have locally bred ones and still try to get more varieties. Only a metter of finding a good quality fish.[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ikan, some of them r F1 while others unknown origin... in SG, even with money, u cant get the species u want [] too bad, the customs in Aus r strict.. or else, u can get some apisto when u come to SG for a visit...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    I can't buy fish from SG and simply bring them in. They have to be quarantined first and it cost few hundred dollars. Unless I want to buy hundreds of them it's not worth it. []

I thought if you have 4 or 5 Cs you can get woman in SG and for fish you only need Cash and Credit Card maybe Car to bring it home

Oops are we being monitored buy your government [] It's okay I won't let them know about the chewing gum that I brought in.[]

By the way I am still waiting for somone to bring zebra plecos into the country. It's not on the list of legally imported fish but sometimes people bring them in "not realising it illegal[] [] ". The fines is $50,000.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi ikan,

When I was into apistos a few years ago. The Germans were well-known for the quality of their fishes. They practise very good breeding methods and are very knowlegable aquarists but i have no idea about their fish export trade.
    If the fish looks good, colors, body form, robust. Then they should be good.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    with that kinda returns.. no wonder ppl wanna smuggler illegal fishes into Aus