Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Seed Shrimp Culturing

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Sorry to dig up this old thread. Anyone still culturing seed shrimps? Is it nutritous live food for fishes?

I have been battling seed shrimp aka Ostracods in my 10g shrimp tank for few months. They are super hardy.... read that their eggs can survived without water, my weekly maintenance is to siphon them out from my shrimp tank, their reproduction are insanely fast!

Feedback Score

Hi Tterry,

From 1 T to another T, would it be nice if I engage my horde of guppies to help you in the battle against the seed shrimps please? Let me know ya! Thank you

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

So this thread is really really old, but having come down with seed shrimp (no idea how), I pretty much killed off almost all of them. Having identified them and learning what they are and what they do... im starting to culture them as clean-up in my aquariums and food for my fish, especially my fry. I heard they like warmer water? I have them growing in a plastic coffee creamer container with some mossimo balls and some thick algae I peeled off one of my tanks. Do they eat fish waste as well or just excess food/plant matter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12