1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My Apistos Are dying!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My apistogramma viejitas all died within the span of 3 days. One day I find them all swimming on the surface of the water, whilst the rest of the fish, disc and rasboros are all swimming in the middle. I added a pump to make sure there's enough oxygen. The next day, at least 5 of the apistos died. over the next 2 days. all the other apistos died! Strangely, the other fishs are all right! Can someone know why it is like that? If its diesease, then shouldn't they all die?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: My Apistos Are dying!

I suspect internal parastie as these fish are susceptible to that a lot!

Feedback Score

Re: My Apistos Are dying!

Quote Originally Posted by cylife View Post
    My apistogramma viejitas all died within the span of 3 days. One day I find them all swimming on the surface of the water, whilst the rest of the fish, disc and rasboros are all swimming in the middle. I added a pump to make sure there's enough oxygen. The next day, at least 5 of the apistos died. over the next 2 days. all the other apistos died! Strangely, the other fishs are all right! Can someone know why it is like that? If its diesease, then shouldn't they all die?
    I encountered the same problem many times. Commonly call as holland ram disease,it will spread from one to another. Most of the time all will die accept the very strong one.

Problem: Fish swim slowly, turn black and have very stone eyes. Can easily catch using hand. Die very fast.

Note : Try to use planted soil fertiliser. Sand normally will die one by one. Try not to put out plants if it is a planted tank or stir up soil. Change 30% of water and make sure put a lot of anti chlorine. If encounted this problem. Best is to move the fishes to quarantine tank with other good tank water. If you got antibiotic yellow powder, add some with a bit of salt. Cause still unknown. Happy keeping.
    Treat your fishes like your baby. The sign and symptom is the same but cannot talk.
    Go nature