Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Help needed with Atman CF 800 canister.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Help needed with Atman CF 800 canister.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I need help with this canister filter. I am new to canister and I have no idea how it works.

I have connected the hoses and fill the basket with media. I turn on the power but nothing seems to be happening except sound of motor moving.

Can someone please help to get the water moving?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help needed with Atman CF 800 canister.

did u fill up the cannister with water first?

Feedback Score

Smile Re: Help needed with Atman CF 800 canister.

Motor is moving but water is not filled to the top. Slant the canister u will c bubble coming out from the outlet when you fill water. Make sure no air in top part of canister if not motor will breakdown (run dry). Another easier way is use a motor and pump in water from your tank to your canister inlet then start your canister motor. When water is smooth flowing out from your canister, remove the water pump in the water.
    Treat your fishes like your baby. The sign and symptom is the same but cannot talk.
    Go nature

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

This was what I did:

canister filled up with water then i start the canister. nothing happened. I will try filling up the inlet tube with water then I start the canister? Is that the way to prime a canister?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If the filter do comes with the pump on the head, press it to suck the water in, else, fill it will water then close it. make sure the pipe is not close. Lastly, make sure you never close the filter cover wrong side.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bichirfanatic View Post
    If the filter do comes with the pump on the head, press it to suck the water in, else, fill it will water then close it. make sure the pipe is not close. Lastly, make sure you never close the filter cover wrong side.
    Yes, there is some sort of pump on the head. but i pump and pump for 5 min nothing seems to be happening except some water in the pipe trying to come out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by minute_me View Post
    Yes, there is some sort of pump on the head. but i pump and pump for 5 min nothing seems to be happening except some water in the pipe trying to come out.
    Did you ensure that the inlet and outlet are connected correctly in their respective position? Inlet and outlet are not inter-swapped.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ok here's the easy way which I am sure many people here knows how to do it. So for the benefit of newbies:
    make sure all the pipes (those that are in the aquarium) are in place

1.fill up the canister with water, to the brim. (do this within a pail to contain overflow water)

2. connect the tube to the "in" and "out" at the canister.

3. connect "out" tube to the pipe in the aquarium.

4. now you are left with the "in" tube , don't connect this to the pipe in the aquarium first. make sure the tap at the "in" side is close. then start pouring water into this tube until it nearly fill up. don't need to use pump or suck.

5. connect the "in" tube to the pipe in the aquarium.

6. switch on the canister and open both the taps (at the canister).

Water should start moving. if there is some air in the tubing, u can try pressing the big black "button" on top of the canister.

Anyone knows if I can get assessories for this filter or any compatible ones?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

bro, ensure your hoses have no kinks/loops/windings. the hose should go from the filter connectors straight back to the tank, with only some slack to play with. if your hoses are too long and are looping here and there and everywhere, definitely your filter will have trouble pumping the water into the tank.
    Yecch!