Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5ft planted tank update (200403)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

5ft planted tank update (200403)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Front view

Another view

Plant ID please?

Shoal of glowlight rasbora

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wah! wei cheng, your fishes very "ho miah" get to watch big screen TV

most of the pics cannot see leh, but nice nice, what's that big school of fishes at top right?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wish i have a 5ft *sigh*

fish look like harlequin.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I like the glowlight rasbora. How many in that shoal? How much n where u got them?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks guys,

Managed to get the code right. Just have to change .jpg to .JPG. Didnt know it is case sensitive.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sigh [] still working on my 5ft "deployment permit".

next time can consider a school of lambchop rasbora instead. Your cardinal left over from previously? didn't you have green neons too?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kingpin, that plant is Ammannia gracilis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Simon. Ah liu from Teo gave me a stalk to try. Now got about 5 stalks. I like the reddish yellow colour of the leaves. Initially, thought it was some Ludwigia species. Is this plant common? The "Tai Yang Cao" I got from him didnt make it .

Choy,
    You need more effort to get your 5ft lah. Actually, I mixed up the id of the rasbora. Thought it was lampchop. Then, when you posted a link about rasbora, I realised they were glowlight. Now there are too many fishes in the tank. Got about 100+ cardinals and 150+ glowlights. Cannot tell from the pics right? I do not have green neons. I believed they are even smaller than glowlight rasbora. Seen them in Gan's tank before. I think need at least 500 [] .

BFG,
    I got those glowlight rasboras from Ben at TB. They swim together, unlike the cardinals. Very nice to watch them swim together all over the tank, especially swimming against the current [] .

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/21/2003 12:57:42 AM
    Choy,
    You need more effort to get your 5ft lah. Actually, I mixed up the id of the rasbora. Thought it was lampchop. Then, when you posted a link about rasbora, I realised they were glowlight. Now there are too many fishes in the tank. Got about 100+ cardinals and 150+ glowlights. Cannot tell from the pics right? I do not have green neons. I believed they are even smaller than glowlight rasbora. Seen them in Gan's tank before. I think need at least 500 [] .
    ----------------
    Hey, I'm working on it! []
    You're right, doesn't look like 150, but can tell there's A LOT [:] Frankly I wouldn't mix cardinal with South-east Asian fishes, somehow don't gel.
    Did I post something about rasbora? well these days I'm rather keen on wild SE Asian fishes. Instead of green neons you can have 500 Sundadanio axelrodi, even more challenging if you can get them in the three colour variants. For something less expensive, perhaps 500 Boraras maculata instead. Got mine for 40¢ each and they get pretty red (although cannot fight with the B. brigittae) and should look really pretty.

Well, perhaps for your next 5footer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kingpin, r those rasbora hengli or espei? where did u get so many?? I pretty much like them and would like to add to my collection.. r they new to the tank?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon, those are the T. hengli, should get the T. espei as the hengli have white bodies unlike harlequins and lambchops.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ahhhhh.. now i know whats the differences []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow!!! I like the open concept effect. The height of the plants are not too tall too and allows you to look through. Do you have to trim it like every week to keep them down or your MH can hold them at that height for a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    No choice Choy. I was so attracted by the shoal of glowlight at Ben's that I bought almost the whole tankful. I know it is rather weird to mix cardinals and glowlights as they are from different regions, but I just cannot get my cardinals to shoal together. A few months back, bought another 50 from Gan, still they would not shoal *sigh*. Now I am watching my glowlights more often than my cardinals. Those glowlights are really much more active than the cardinals. Really fun to watch when they shoal with the only harlequin as their leader [] .

Simon,
    I also dunno the differences between the rasboras. Seems like we know who to ask next time we need a rasbora id . Those glowlights can be seen occasionally at Ben and C328. Buy from Ben got discount, not sure about C328. If you need a larger quantity, you can call him and he will order for you. Maybe even cheaper. I happened to go to his shop and bought straight from his display tank. Those glowlights have been in my tank for about 3 weeks. Lost about 5 so far.

Benny,
    Still waiting for my plants to grow a bit more, especially the moss I got from you. So far, I have only trimmed the polysperma and stellata. The polysperma still cannot have the pinkish effect like Vinz's. I tried limiting the nitrate, but the leaves are still green. Any idea to achieve that pink with white veins colour?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I only siao-rasbora, not expert lah. Anyway, just some pics to whet your appetite and practice my image linking. Pics are courtesy of subzero.

Trigonostigma heteromorpha Harlequin rasbora

Trigonostigma espei Lambchop rasbora

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Choy,

The 2nd pic dun look like lampchop leh. Looks more than glowlight, as the body is transparent.

Did a search on Espei aka Lampchop rasbora on the forum. Somehow, I cannot find any LFS are selling them from the archives.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Here's the link to previous discussion on Harlequins/Lambchop Rasbora http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpbb...pic.php?t=1220
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wei cheng, it is a lambchop, but from the photo the body looks pale. there are two primary form of lambchop, one the gold is not very extensive, the other the gold extends to the front of the fish, however both have the characteristic "lambchop" patch. also the "paler" body form is still a lot more gold than the glowlight.

When you have all of them in a tank you will see the difference.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    btw did any mod edit the pic to make it smaller? if so can teach?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just for comparison, this is a not very well taken picture of a glowlight rasbora from my tank.
    Trigonostigma hengli Glowlight rasbora

Trigonostigma espei Lambchop rasbora

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast