Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Worms

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    There's small worms in my tank.. Is it harmful?? Is it due to the food leftover? Or due to the plants that i recently brought??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Worms

Are you reffering to those small white worms ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is it in white in color and quite small.. If is, likely is Planaria, they are harmless but if too much might cause problem.. Don't think is the new plant, likely is the overfeeding, for image try searching on google or yahoo for the picture.

If is, there's save you some time to searching

" The Real Problem Even though Planaria do not harm fish, they are an indicator that the aquarium has a problem. They require a food source, which means there must be excess food wastes in the tank to support them. If you have Planaria it's time to give your aquarium a thorough cleaning. Pay particular attention to the substrate, as that's usually where they find their food. Make sure there are no dead plants, or other wastes in the tank. You should also take a hard look at how much you are feeding your fish. Usually the excess waste the Planaria are living on is the result of overfeeding your fish. Reduce the amount you feed your fish, as well as the frequency of feedings. Finally, once you've cleaned things up, be sure to continue with regular maintenance and water changes. A clean tank is the best defense against becoming overrun with Planaria. "

Hope it help
    20+10 Gallon Tank Link | Light55w(PL) and Light13w(PL) | Normal Filter800L/per.hr | 3xDriftwood

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

These white worms are due to overfeeding can try introducing some tiger barbs to clear them up.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

thanks guys for the information and advices as i learn something new today.. And i think i should stop feeding them too regularly..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I used Fenbendazole Powder to treat recently and they are all gone now. Not harmful to fish and shrimps. Can try.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I used Fenbendazole Powder to treat recently and they are all gone now. Not harmful to fish and shrimps. Can try.
    harmful to nerite horned snails. Please remove them from the tank if you have any before you dose the tank with fenbendazole

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Don't need any med to kill them, anyway they don't cause any harm at all, control feeding maybe for now like 1x a day and ensure they finish they're food with-in 1~3min and as for shrimp food with-in 2 hour, do normal maintenance weekly (1x every one or two week) like water change, cleaning your gravel (if you do, i don't for now, my plant still rooting, and i have no where to do so ) and last clean your viewing surface of your tank to monitor how fast it grow back or have it slow down.

If it slow down, that mean you winning this war bro if not that you might need to work harder and skip you fishes a meal or two in the week , wish you all the best,

**med might harm fishes/shrimp, or even kill them in long run
    20+10 Gallon Tank Link | Light55w(PL) and Light13w(PL) | Normal Filter800L/per.hr | 3xDriftwood

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Can put a cory or any sucker fish, they will eat the worms

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feeding Cycle of once per day is basically quite sufficient. I do that for Mon-Fri. Weekend, usually the fish will get double treats but at reduced amount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Don't need any med to kill them, anyway they don't cause any harm at all, control feeding maybe for now like 1x a day and ensure they finish they're food with-in 1~3min and as for shrimp food with-in 2 hour, do normal maintenance weekly (1x every one or two week) like water change, cleaning your gravel (if you do, i don't for now, my plant still rooting, and i have no where to do so ) and last clean your viewing surface of your tank to monitor how fast it grow back or have it slow down.

If it slow down, that mean you winning this war bro if not that you might need to work harder and skip you fishes a meal or two in the week , wish you all the best,

**med might harm fishes/shrimp, or even kill them in long run
    Just to add it does cause harm to shimp.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

wow... thanks guys for the information and sharing... learnt a lot from here..